Sorcarto Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcarto Clan

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it - Roald Dahl

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roleplay Concept

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs
Lazyass

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:34 pm

I had this idea, and I really liked it, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it from here.

So pretty much each character has died in a different way, be it starvation, blood loss, or incineration, and has then come back to life (( Not sure if it will be as regular humans, or as spirits that only some people can see. )) . Depending on the way your character died, they get a certain ability, an obvious one being water powers to someone who has drowned. If I decide on them just being spirits, each character will have one living person who can see them and need to help them in some way. A character who would be able to see a spirit would have to have survived an incident similar to the spirit's death.

Now, I'm not exactly sure why the people return to life / walk the earth as spirits, or what the actual plot is going to be, but that's why I put it here :3

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Blaze General
Pyro

Number of posts : 477

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Well it is an excellet idea reminds me of the movie "Wristcutters: A true love story"(which is about a sorta of after life but for the ones who commit suicide) I would defiantly play. AS of advice, im not sure lol im making up A New Life as i go.
Back to top Go down
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 pm

What will happen to Strays?

And update Sonny Alt please.

And New Life.
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net
Pyro
Blaze General
Pyro

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:15 pm

hey dvb, sorry about the post in mmoarypigi, but i had to rant it...i have anger issues and if idon't say when somethingis bothering me it makes me even more aggitated. It was nothing personal, if any one else did it i would do the same, i would expect you to say it to me if i was doing it.
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:55 am

Count DVB wrote:
What will happen to Strays?

And update Sonny Alt please.

And New Life.
Idk, I kind lost interest in it, and we were the only two who really posted. Might revive it.

No, I'm tired.

No, I'm tired.

Wristcutters, hmm, sounds interesting. I'll have to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:02 pm

OK, so I put a bit more thought into this idea, and here is what I came up with.

I think I'm going to stick with the dead people being spirits, unable to be seen except for by one person each. Each dead person has been the victim of a new crime organization that has the authorities baffled. There seems to be no pattern in choosing their victims or the way in which they are killed. The killers usually make the deaths look like accidents, setting houses on fire, dumping unconscious bodies into lakes to make it look like they drowned, etc., but sometimes they'll throw in and odd one, something easily recognizable as a murder, just to throw people off. However, there is one thing all the scenes have in common: no fingerprints, no fibers, nothing at all that could link anyone to the crime.

The dead kids are the only hope in solving the mystery, but since they have no way of communication with the living world except their one person, they must convince the living people to help and believe them, and to possibly endanger their lives in hopes of solving the crimes. But why would the dead care what happens to the living? Their family members are being targeted too for some reason. One relative of each kid will be killed soon after their own death, motivating them to investigate further.

Meh, typed it up quickly and I'm tired, sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I'm also thinking of maybe throwing in one dead kid who wasn't killed by the unknown murderers, but was somehow brought back to life anyway, and must help solve the mystery. S/he probably won't have a living person to communicate with, and I was thinking their death would be a suicide.
Back to top Go down
Person

Number of posts : 298

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I'd tap that play in that one :-)

Strays D: I'm sooooooo sorrrryyyy for not posting D:! I will I promise!
Back to top Go down
http://innocentxxxlies.deviantart.com/
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:02 pm

lol, It's fine. I wasn't really expecting to get far with Stray, it was more of literacy practice for me, seeing how many words I could manage to write down XD
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Blaze General
Pyro

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:46 pm

lol rita that reminds me, I've been doing crimson kiss and 300 words really isn't that hard lol.
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 pm

I told my friend about that site, she was looking for a good lit vamp vs wolf rp. lol, I never actually got around to making my profile, I've been too tired and had writers block for a while. Maybe designing a new rp will get rid of my block DX
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:14 pm

M'kay, so I'm going to make a list of different ways to die, and what powers/weaknesses are associated with them. Suggestions are welcome.

Starvation -
Does not need to eat. Can stimulate growth by taking nutrients from one source and putting them into an organism.
Looks extremely thin. Cannot eat, will throw up if anything is ingested.

Dehydration -
Does not need to drink. Can breathe underwater.
Cannot swallow liquids, will throw up if ingested.

Burnt / Heatstroke -
Can raise temperatures. Immunity to high temperatures.
Body temperature is higher than average. Sensitivity to low temperatures.

Frozen / Frostbite -
Can lower temperatures. Immunity to low temperatures.
Body temperature is lower than average. Sensitivity to high temperatures.

Drowned -
Limited control of liquids.
Cannot swim or cross large bodies of water. becomes dehydrated easily.

Concussion / Brain Damage / Beheaded -
Limited mind reading abilities ( Whoever's character's mind is being read will write what they can hear. )
Using powers will result in varying degrees of headaces.

Bled to Death -
Limited healing powers ( small cuts, scratches, infections, sprains, and inflammation. ). Can bleed forever and still have more blood. Only way to heal self is by drinking the blood of a living human.
Can only heal other people. Small injuries take much longer to heal than usual and bleed much more profusely. Can be injured much easier than normally.

Poisoned / Drug OD -
Immunity to any disease, drug, or poison*. Can secret any kind of poison from their hands and mouth.
*Can be harmed by own poison.

Suffocated -
Limited control of gasses.
Extreme claustrophobia and fear of heights. Cannot travel through the air. Becomes short of breath easily.

Electrocution -
Limited control of electricity. Can paralyze or even kill people by restricting the flow of electrical impulses to muscles / brain.
Sometimes sufferers stiffness or numbness after using powers. Electricity is draw to them, usually gets shocked when touching metal.

Crush Syndrome / Blunt Force Trauma -
Limited control of solids.
Slowed reflexes. Muscles pains after extended periods of power use.

Suicide -
On will, can communicate either with the living, or with the dead, but not both at the same time.
I may decide to add some crucial ability later on, or I might not.

Yay, finally done. But still feel free to suggest any I may have missed.

Last edited by Rita Fuze on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

Number of posts : 892
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 pm

I have a question, can we be a part of the mafia?
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:22 pm

I was thinking no, because I was actually planning on making the mafia only one person, and having people just think there were more, but I may give them an accomplice. I'll reserve the spot if you want, in case I decide to.
I was also planning on opening up one or two other spots, but I'm tired and too lazy to explain it now. Maybe tomorrow ^_^'
I'll also try to write up a revised description soon.

Anyone feel like making me an awesome profile code? :3
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Blaze General
Pyro

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm

ohh sounds funn
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 pm

Took me a while to think of how to explain this in a way that makes sense, but I think I have it down.

Parallel to the living world, there exists a world filled with the spirits of those who have passed on. These two worlds are separated by something similar to a one-way mirror, allowing the dead to view the living, but not the other way around. Of course there are some exceptions, but for the most part, those who's time has not yet come can live blissfully unaware of the close watch being kept on them by the dead. In order for the living to pass into the world of the dead, they must receive the help of a spirit. There are several types of spirits, some more powerful than others, and one who governs over the rest with unquestioned authority. Known simply as "Master" by most, his true name being Merikh.

List of spirits from lowest to highest ranking:

Shades
Spoiler:

Ghosts
Spoiler:

Hallows
Spoiler:

Angels of Death
Spoiler:

Merikh
Spoiler:

Fell free to ask questions, it might only make sense to me because I thought it up X3

The reason the characters who have been killed were brought back to life is because Merikh doesn't like people messing with his job of deciding who dies, and the murderer(s) have been doing just that. He orders one of his Soldiers to save some of the victims from becoming Ghosts so that they may somehow put a stop to the killings. They don't become Hallows, but something between them and Shades. Since there has never yet been a spirit created this way, they are given a makeshift name, Ghosts. The Ghosts gain limited powers that they have trouble controlling, but will be able to master over time. While in the process of seperating the souls of the the victims from the sould of regular Shades, so that they may be turned into these Ghosts, an extra soul is accidentally mixed in with them (( the suicide person )), therefore angering Merikh. The Angel who was trusted with creating the Ghosts is charged with watching over them and making sure they expose the murderer(s).
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Updated my last post. Changed Ghosts to Shades, and named the new spirits Ghosts instead. Will put the profile code in this post as I make it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplay Concept Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Concept   Roleplay Concept I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Concept
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sorcarto Clan :: The Cathedral of Role-Play :: Roleplaying Discussion-
Jump to: