Sorcarto Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcarto Clan

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it - Roald Dahl

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Days of Retro

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Post your favorite old video games and talk about them.
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs
Lazyass

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ftw
Back to top Go down
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Tru dat, homeslice! I missed the old Pokemon games. Gold/Silver/Crystal was the best, followed by Diamon/Pearl/Platinum
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:32 pm

I still have my old red and crystal. I used to have a level 100 Feraligator, but I got bored and restarted XP
Back to top Go down
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:03 pm

After 7 years, the save ability died and I lost my level 83 Typhlosion and my level 60+ Togetic, Lanturn, Espeon, Golem, and Jumpluff. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 pm

That stinks. Oh, I also had silver I think, but I gave that to my brother. I'm not too big a fan of the new games, they're ok, but the amount of new legendaries... just no.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

Number of posts : 892

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Blades of Steel for the NES. One birthday I got an old NES from Ebay; some time later a family at our church gave us a bunch of games which included an awesome hockey game, Blades of Steel. Too bad that NES ended up in smoke, literally!
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Cam
Novice

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:14 pm

How come the old-ass games are always the more difficult? I mean, I can kill Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, et cera without as much a loosing a heart. But when I play the original LoZ or Adventure of Link, I will shout obscenities like no man has heard for how many times I die. But I think that the challenges are what makes them so damn great.

I also think the old games are more addicting. My Wii is maxed out of Virtual Console games, and each one has never gotten old to me. Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario Bro's 1 through 3, Super Mario World, Pokémon Snap, F-Zero X, any and all of them are great. I dunno, maybe it's the fact I see pixels and it gives me an inner enlightenment.

But, the topic is to talk about your favorite retro video game. And in all honesty, I've got to say Mario. Yes, I'm a Zelda junkie, but Mario is what led me into the world of games. Wasting away hours out of the day playing Jumpman and his sequels, it a nostalgic feeling that can only expressed by those willing to.
Back to top Go down
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 pm

My favorite old Zelda games were Oracle of Time and Orcale of Seasons. I'd like to see that remade.
Back to top Go down
Cam
Novice

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Hehe, I played Seasons, my brother played Ages. We never got ahead of each other when we played, beat a dungeon, he beat a dungeon, I got an item, as did he. Those two were so great, but the sprites made me think of Link's Awakening, and I think that game was the best handheld Zelda game ever.
Back to top Go down
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:54 pm

My brother has the DX version. Anyway, did anyone else play Super Mario Land?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Days of Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days of Retro   Days of Retro I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Days of Retro
Page 1 of 1