View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: City Of Opportunity   Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 am

And it's not CCC.

Welcome to the grand city of Igulls, where you'll never find a better burger joint, or mobster pulling the strings behind the place. Y'see, it's had its share of problems these past few decades, what with the many crime organizations moving in and all. One thing you dont wanna do, is go out at night, cause Goddamn it's something awful past 12:00am. Mugged, raped, shot, kidnapped, murdered. All on the average list of things the average felon will commit on a night to themselves, should they catch some dumb fool out for a stroll.

What can you do about it? Well, I guess you could try to go out and stop these guys. Be a dumb move though, attracting so much attention to yourself. These mobs arent super friendly with each other, but they'll gladly back each other up should some dumb cop try to single handedly attempt to take them down. Oh, and dont try to make magic a huge thing here either. Locals? Not too fond of it, really. You use any voodoo shit on them, they'll FEAR you something terrible. Just some advice. You can thank me later.

So what else can you do here? Many things, mind you. You can wake up, brush your teeth, shoot up heroin, kill a passerby, get an egg bagel, donate to the local church, anything you want. This here RP requires you to do whatever you want, and interact with a buttload of NPCs. Think you can do it? I know you guys can. All information regarding this place other than what I've told you will have to be acquired as you go along, so you're gonna HAVE to talk to NPCs or you'll get no where. Or maybe that's what you want, and you dont care what happens. It's all for you to find out.

Personally, I'd advise you to take on a job. It'll pass the time quicker and you'll probably enjoy yourself more throughout the RP. And depending on the one you take on, you could have a larger roll in the outcome of the city itself. I'll give a couple suggestions.

Bounty Hunter-: You go out and collect bounties on the various... "Interesting" individuals around Igulls. You can make a group of bounty hunters if you'd like, actually, but I'd remember to split the earnings among yourselves equally. Bounty Hunters are not known for taking lightly to taking money like that.

Hitman- Ohhhh, this one be a tough one to pull off. Getting people to hire you to kill isnt as easy as it looks. You have to make a name for yourself before you start getting the interesting hits, and then you simply CANT fail. A bad track record here in Igull is the easiest way to make you either homeless, or a target. Worst thing to be in this line of work is someone who's known to fail to complete their hits. Word gets around of that, those people you took hits out on may just come back with some friends...

Lawman- Enlisting with the local law enforcement will seem noble at first, but then you realize, not everyone shares your grand ideals on measly pay and a 80% chance of death. Corruption runs rampant here, so I'd watch your step, silly copper. You make too many enemies with the mob, you may make too many enemies within the very team you work with.

Waiter- Actually has its perks. If you do a good job, you're rewarded with tips, and believe it or not, some people in this shitstain of a town can tip high. Sneaking food from the joint is advised, since you'll probably be working your ass off for an awful manager with poor dental hygiene anyway. And maybe, just maybe... You'll get one of those famous mobsters in your place and you can listen in on their conversations.

Movie Director- Another toughie of a job to get into. Gotta start low and get high on the food chain yourself, working from the ground up. Dont expect your employers to be real nice about it to. If you cause trouble for them, they're gonna make you do a shitload of the work yourself. Politeness is encouraged in this sort of environment. And if your movie doesnt connect with the crowd itself, you could have an unsucessful movie on your hands, and THEN where's your career?

Do you have to take on one of these jobs? Not at all. I'm just giving examples you could use and how they'd work in this sort of city. You're free to make up your own jobs for this RP. I repeat, YOU ARE FREE TO MAKE UP YOUR OWN JOBS FOR THIS RP. Imagination. It's needed here.

This RP takes place a year before Ememoh Arpygi occurs, if you want timeline relevancy, or just character age accuracy. Takes place a few months before the Redux occurs as well, around the time of Arpygi, actually, so no worries about seeing good ol Jaden VI around. The city of Igulls itself is in Universe I(On Tinnbara), though in a different timeline from most of the main canon, so dont expect all that many major cameos. I'd watch your back around these parts, myself. Even in the day, it's a pretty messed up place to be. Homeless wandering the streets, murderers and rapists hiding in the deepest parts of the alleyways, released asylum inmates ready to lash out, should the opportunity arise. At night... Just... I wouldnt go out at night were I you. It's bad. Really bad.

I mean it.

Seeing how I control the majority of NPCs, I wont really be joining this RP fulltime. I'll have one character I'm sure all of you will recognize, but outside of him, it's all NPC work for me. Speaking of characters...

Profile Necessities:

Name:
Job:

Basic Description:

Personality:

Items On Hand:

These are the only things that are ABSOLUTELY required in making a profile here. Dont even need to give a big thing for the personality. Just a basic few sentences and let the characters build off of there if you want to. Hell, a picture description isnt required at that, but it's encouraged. Make up new things to write for in your profile, guys. Have fun with it. You have no character number limit, so you could have anywhere from 3 characters to Goddamn 10 of the little buggers running around. Just be noted, you better be prepared to type if you have a ridiculous amount. When you have characters in different locations, separate them with ----- and type their location above them. Just helps me reply to you guys in the long run.

Now, there are SOME rules here. Gotta keep some form of order, right?

1. No matter what, your character is totally and COMPLETELY new to Igulls. Just got in by train, walked into the city, drove into the city, WHATEVER. Cant say they've been in the place for a day, a week, whatever. Hell, you could have them buried underground if you want and they have to get out of the sewers and into Igulls, they just cant have experienced the culture of the place itself.

2. Do not get mad if your character gets beaten up or overpowered. I'll never kill a character off unless we've talked about it prior, but if your character suddenly gets the crap kicked out of him by a group of mobsters, or has a knife pulled on him, dont get mad, continue the RP! It's all fiction after all.

3. This RP starts when I make my first in-character post. No posting with your profile, awright? Just wanted to get that down.

Alright, and I think that's about it. This RP is about exploration, finding out things rather than have them presented to you on a platter. Ask around and just learn. Only ask that you follow the few rules I have up, and all will be cool. Everything here is up to you.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to Igulls, the city of opportunity. Try not to get killed out there, in this big, crazy world. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

Number of posts : 892
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Name: Mack
Job: Lawman

Basic Description: Just ignore the Sud to the right.
A tad pal and has a head, and face, full of red hair. Average sized fellow, looks exactly his age. Look at that, too, still wearing his New Wahoona uniform. Once he registers with the Igulls police department that'll change, though.

Personality: Despite the best efforts of east New Wahoona, he remains a genuinely good person who always tries to look on the bright side. Firm believer that, although hard to active, justest is always possible. He smokes, but he's far from chain smoking. Maybe once a day, more if it's been especially rough.

Items On Hand: Old New Wahoona Police badge. Generic hand gun with some ammo. Bullet proof vest. Nothing else, what an unprepared fellow.

=================

Name: Jacksus Wevley
Age: Hard to tell with those Gremlins, but seems like in his mid twenties.
Job: Unintentional detective/ professional informant.

Basic Description: Jacksus is to the left. Dalia is the one to the right, she's not in this.
Skin is a sickly looking gray. Gray hoody with white shirt underneath. His blue jeans are torn and his brown shoes are scuffed.

Personality: Down in the dumps, most often. He's been there, he knows the city life. How people pretend to not see the dead body, he was there. Heck, he used to be a drug addict. But he's better now, got straightened up. Trying to be somebody. Prove to his ex-girlfriend that he's a changed gremlin. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol. Period.

Items On Hand: A Saturday Night Special. A pack of chips. An empty pack of chips. Lint.

Last edited by Loreic on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Name: Charlotte
Job: Serial Killing Serial Killer
Basic Description: Insanely pale skin, to the point of greyness. I'm serious. Actually gray. Her eyes are yellow where her whites should be, and she has very deep blue eyes, with matching eyeliner, and black mascara that she wears every day without fail, that makes her look like a racoon when she shuts her eyes. She has a very tiny nose. She also has matching blue lipstick. Oh, and long, flowing, jet black hair. Two orange horns protude from her forehead, short, nubby things that they are. Not real sharp either. Her face is small, like a child's. No sharp, angular features protruded forth from her face, save her teeth, which had naturally sharp kanines, but otherwise perfectly okay teeth otherwise.

The rest of her body was small and slender, mostly because she kept her body under insanely tight wraps, to a nearly masochistic degree by her jet-black corset and matching black latex-panties. I guess. I can't account for her taste in clothes. Over that, she wears a jet black midrift shirt, cloth about the tightest fit it could get to her skin. She then wears small shorts, appearing to be made of black latex too. From there, she has giant latex leggings that envelop her feet, and stop only an inch from her shorts. Her arms are like her leggings, save that they are fingerless, all in a sleek, seamless design, with her breasts practically being there on display. The top of 'em, anyway, which are smoshed against her body due to the insanely tight apparel.

Eugh.

Personality: She's fucking insane. Nice girl overall, but seriously off her rocker.
Items On Hand: A butterfly knife that she keeps in a belt strapped tight around her waist, and a black, leathery sack full of smoke bombs for quick escapes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blueskyproductions.freeforums.org/index.php
Person

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Name: Arkadi Ivanov
Job: Bounty Hunter

Basic Description: Farmer-tanned skin (Usually rather pale) with pale spiked hair. He's got a tall, lean but muscular build. He wears t-shirts or wife-beaters and jeans, nothing to fancy. He just wears what he needs. He prefers not to wear shoes either, but it's all personal preference.

Personality: Coming off rather cold, Arkadi's really only nice to people like him, or when he has to be. He's pretty much the typical loner; likes to do his own thing and be with himself. He's not the kind of person you'd WANT to be friends with, and he definitely doesn't want to be friends with you. He'll buy you a a meal if you've been starving for ages though; he's really not that bad of a guy.

Items On Hand: An old switchblade, some water, an empty hand-gun and a belt. A pretty cool black leather belt.

Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:38 am

The sun slips below the horizon, replaced by the moon. The world is blanketed in the night, as children go to sleep, teenagers stay up absurdly late and parents have that one last beer before retiring for bed. In the city, it is no different. It is a schedule followed by a decent number of decent people.

For a single hour of time, there is no noise in the city, only silence. A buzzing fly, the crunch of a broken bottle being stepped on, a misplaced cough rudely cutting the silence, but mostly, there is silence in the city. Then the creatures come out. The murderers, the rapists, the thieves, the gangs, the mob, just about any and every awful creature of the night finally decided to show its face here and now, under the cover of night. And there were a lot of them. It's why no one ever goes out at night. Good chance one of these guys are waiting at your door.

Welcome to Igulls. The City Of Opportunity.

The night sky itself was pierced by a large bullet shaped pod, soaring through the dark night and directly into Igulls. It was silver, shined to perfection and possessing only a single window on its surface. The craft was perfectly silent itself, though when it slammed into the roof of a nearby building, that was another matter. There was no need to worry, though. No one in their right mind would actually leave their apartment to go check on a noise on the roof. For all the poor people knew, it was just the very people they were avoiding causing trouble up there.

All was silent around the pod, smoke rising from the point of impact. The area with the window slid up in a rectangle form, making a doorway of sorts. From within the churning smoke and hissing gadgetry came a shape, wearing scarves, a grey suit and a symbol on his masked face.

Clockface.

Clockface walked to the edge of the building, gazing out on his new territory. This city. It'd been far too long since he'd been in a position like this. The night masking his movements, the creatures roaming below him, committing awful deeds until innocents and unto each other. Clockface took in a breath of air. He was home at last.

A scream punctured his thoughts, tearing him back to reality. Clockface gazed down below the very building he stood on, spotting a group of young men ganging up on a single woman. The woman tripped over herself, falling backwards into a group of trashcans and the men closed in around her. Another scream ripped through the night. It was time to go to work. Clockface took two steps off the side of the building, plummeting to the dirty streets below.

He landed on one of the fallen trashcans, bending it in two. The men noticed him instantly. Hell, he just dropped in right in front of them, who wouldnt notice. They didnt know what to do at first, a man with a clock for a face just dropping in like that. Clockface helped bring them to a decision. His fists connected with faces, stomachs, joints. Just about any place on their bodies left open, Clockface attacked it. It was only a few moments before all the men were on the ground in pain, cradling their broken parts and pieces. As Clockface stood over this heap of human garbage, the woman he saved was slowly starting to stand, gazing somewhat mystified at her savior. Without even turning his head, Clockface spoke one word to her. "Run." And she did.

As the sounds of her footsteps faded, Clockfaces thoughts turned to the job ahead of him. It wasnt a task for a hero Only one with the skills and determination to get this job done. Although he'd deny it as quickly as it was suggested, he qualified for a hero himself. It wasnt his aim. It's time to bring the evil that's held this city at gunpoint to its knees.

With a quick whip of his scarves, he was off.

(The main RP starts a few days later, in the morning. You can get into the city by any means you want, train, walking, car, bus, whatever. Dont be afraid to make up certain areas or NPCs along the way. I'd control them, of course, but if you want to walk into a bakery, by all means, there could just be a bakery at the corner.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:38 pm

In the city train station (or one of them, could have many as far as I know) two people stepped of the train. Actually, a whole bunch of people did, but this is just about two of those many, alright?

A averaged sized man and an extremal short guy. Wow, that fellow in the hood couldn't be taller then three feet, had a thin hooked nose, too. The other man was a bit more normal looking, had the kind of beard you get when shaving just doesn't fit in your mornings. Also wore a police uniform from another city, badges removed to avoid being accused of pretending to be an officer of the law.

"Really wish you wouldn't smoke in front of me, Mack," said the short guy.
"Oh yeah, sorry." the man named Mack put his cigarette in the next ashtray they passed, the ones that are over those trashcans.
"So, how long do ya think we'll have to be here?" asked the small person.
"Don't know, maybe a couple of weeks," Mack said, rubbing his chin.
"Uhg," mumbled the short man, "really?"
"Come on now, Jacksus," said Mack in optimistic tones, "we both know that we've been stuffed in east New Wahoona for too long. The point of this is to try living elsewhere. Besides, it has to be a good place, they call it the City of Opportunity!"
"Igulls Igulls, so nice they called it Igulls," said Jacksus bitterly, "It's a city, Mack." Mack's shoulders drooped.
"Ah Jacksus, why ya gotta be like that?" Mack said despondently.

The two left the station and began walking down city sidewalk. Jacksus's large eyes took in the sights left and right. Something wasn't vibing with him. He suggested to Mack to stop and get a bite to eat somewhere. They found a cheap looking soup restaurant.

"You have money you'll take, right?" Jacksus asked while they were in line.
"Mhmm, had my chash exchanged a few towns back while we were stopped."

The two got their soup. Jacksus got pea soup while Mack had Clam Chowder. At their small table Jacksus nudged Mack.

"Hey, Mack, you noticed?" Jacksus whispered urgently.
"Hm?" Mack looked up, mouth closed and full of delicious, creamy chowder.
"This place is monospeciel," said Jacksus. Mack swallowed his chowder.
"Huh? What do you mean?" Mack asked.
"There's only humans in this place," Jacksus exclaimed at a whisper, "I was looking around, only humans!"
"Hm," Mack took a few casual glances around the room, "you sure?"
"Positive," assured Jacksus."

They both continued to eat their soup.

Last edited by Loreic on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Day. Ugh. Charlotte was about ready to drop off asleep right now. The cab she was riding was alright, but not something she wanted to sleep on with the meter running. She decided to tell the cab driver to stop on the nearest street corner. So the driver pulled over. She took this time to run out and disappear down an alleyway. Nobody does anything midday anymore. Char wouldn't be worried, even if it was night time. She was just glad that the alleyway went through, really.

She decided to run until she couldn't run any longer, which came up right around the corner, when she dipped into another alleyway after just running past a dumpster. She decided that it'd probably be a good place to nap next to for the while, right before she found a basement to slip into. Which she did. It was empty inside, and Lotte used this to her advantage. She was not made for the day, no.

So I guess that means I have to wait, huh.
Back to top Go down
Person

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 pm

The bus rumbled and bounced along the unpaved road. Arkadi's head was gently placed on the window, but controlled enough so his head wouldn't rock with the ever-shaking bus. "This thing is a load of crap," He mumbled silently, scoffing at the piece of equipment. The bus hadn't stopped for awhile, and Arkadi was beginning to ponder if it ever would. For all he knew, it could be a bus to his own demise.

The bus seemed to jump slightly as it hit a ditch, and stopped. The bus had received a flat tire. The few people piled off the bus and looked around, dazed, confused, and tired. Arkadi shook his head and rubbed his temples. This was all frustrating to him. He wanted to get into town. He looked at the path and noticed he wasn't too far out. In a quick decision, he decided to just walk into town; good idea or not. He'd stop by a restaurant of some sorts, for he hadn't eaten since he and few others had piled onto the bus.

As he entered town, the first thing he noticed was a small sandwich shop. He stepped inside and looked around. It was podunk, and it reeked of mildew, but it would work. His hand reached onto the counter to place some money on the table, and soon he found himself sitting in a corner, food in one hand, drink in the other, about to indulge on something he'd never be caught dead eating.

Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 am

A Rather Cheap Soup Restaurant-Close To The Southern Train Station

The people in the soup shop paid little attention to the man and gremlin at the table. Jacksus himself got lucky in that sense, being too short to be noticed by the majority of people passing through if some saw him, they'd just figure he was a child of some sort. Then again, if they saw his NOSE, then that'd be a different story. No child, or person for that matter, has a nose that large around these parts. Quite frankly, it was inhuman and dare I say it, grotesque. Oh look, it was attracting the eyes of a well dressed business man in the corner there. Seems those bored, wandering eyes caught the large beak of the short fellow. Have no fear, as he ignored it promptly after noticing, returning to his very proper and quite frankly, boring tomato soup for breakfast.

That luck wasnt going to continue, however. Other people, be they a nosy, obnoxious lot or just people gazing about the room bored with their daily lives, were starting to notice the unshaven man and his short, large nosed friend. Whispers started slowly at first, moving between patrons like a game of telephone. No one was going to say anything outright. It was far too early in the morning for a confrontation. Instead, people kept their words to themselves, not saying anything to Mack and Jacksus.

Then a little boy walking by the table with his mother, sucking away on an icepop spoke up. Pointing a sticky, stubby little finger at Jacksus, he asked his mother rather loudly "Momma, why is that mans nose so funny?" The restaurant went a little quieter at this, the boys mother picking her child up embarrassedly and hurrying off to a table. People started looking at each other nervously now. A waiter walked over to Mack and Jacksus' table and deposited a check in between the two. He gave Jacksus a quick glance out of the corner of his eyes before scurrying off behind the counter. Peoples voices were starting to get louder again, this time with the addition of people looking over to GLARE at Jacksus and Mack. Who were these 'weird' people, walking into THEIR soup restaurant and disrupting the peace with their weird looks.

The nerve of some people.

--------------------------------

Out On The Streets Of Igulls

The woman fleeing from the taxicab was followed by a number of angry words following her, directed primarily at her choice of job and her appearance over all. That taxi driver was NOT a happy camper at all. Rather than waste his time searching for Charlotte, he just continued on down the road, looking for the next person to pick up. This time, he'd have the person sit in the front seat rather than the back. Damn runners got him every time.

Basement Of An Apparently Abandoned Building

The basement was perfectly empty mind you, but the rest of the building? Not at all. Seems Charlotte set off an alarm upon her entry into the basement, alerting some of the others in the rest of the building. The click of shoes touching down upon wooden stairs could be heard in the basement clearly, each one echoing faintly in the empty room. "If anyone's down there, just want you to know we dont keep anything valuable or interesting in there. Just cobwebs and dirt." Came a calm, deep voice. Another voice continued where the first left off, this one a bit deeper and more croaky than the first. "If yeh just give up nice and easy, we'll let you go with yer arms still in their sockets." A third voice, a womans, muttered something that sounded along the lines of "Al!"

Then the steps got even louder, and the people got to the bottom. First one down was a tall and slim man, wearing a thick brown shirt and long, tight black pants around his legs and an old six shooter in his right hand. Handsome fellow I guess, long face and short, blond hair. He lifted a brow at the woman, little smile stretched across his face. "You two know this lovely lady at all?" He asked, the owner of the first voice. Another man, shorter than the first but far more intimidating looking walked in behind him. His jawline itself was manly enough, and that's before you really notice his muttonchops. Though he was completely bald on top, his muttonchops were going strong, black as night and leading into a mustache. He wore grey armor over a torn up dark green shirt and dark green pants. "Nope." He answered in a deep, croaky voice. He had hands on a nice pistol, aimed squarely at Charlotte herself. "Dont think she should live long enough to find out though."

A woman now walked up behind the first man, glaring at the second. "Al, those days are behind you and you better keep them that way." The man, or really Al, rolled his eyes and kept his gun firmly trained on Charlottes head. What a mother, this new woman. She wasnt an ugly woman, but she was far from the most beautiful this side of Igulls. She had a certain charm about her though, and a little glint in her eye that suggested she was used to hard labor. Her light brown hair was tied back in a ponytail, a few strands running along the sides of her face. She wore a purple scarf about her neck, a dress of a lighter purple over a blood red one piece outfit. She too had a gun, though it was holstered unlike her comrades. She took a far nicer approach than the others. "What's your name? What are you doing down here?"

Al glanced over at her before back to Charlotte. "Damn it Anja, she has horns for Godssake! Havent seen anything with horns since those weirdos from offworld..." The woman, Anja, turned to Al, snapping at him angrily. "Just because you're overly paranoid about your old business partners returning doesnt mean we all are! I highly doubt this girl is here to steal anything from us, or is even related to anyone we know. Just look at the poor girl." As Anja and Al argued in the back, the first man kept his eyes on Charlotte, not threatening or anything but very alert for any sudden movements Charlotte may make.

-------

Sandwich Shop- Some Podunk Village

Just before Arkadi could take a bite into his delicious sandwich, it was snatched right out of his hands by a poorly dressed hoodlum. Wearing pants that drooped just a bit too low and an over sized shirt, he was the pinnacle of fashion. Yep. "Mighty nice of you to offer us yer sandwich, new guy." He said, holding the sandwich off to the side. Two other boys popped up around the first ones shoulder, the little shits that they are. "Always good to show some charity when you rich folks visit the poor little people, wouldnt you say?" He asked, taking a bite out of the sandwich.

One of the other boys was making a grab for Arkadis drink, slipping his hand under the groups eyeline. The first boy just continued on. "Now, why dont you show us some more charity and just, y'know... Open your wallet and make a donation. Imagine that, no check involved!" The boy laughed at his own little joke. Jesus, what assholes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:32 am

Char looked up at her horns and rubbed her right one a bit at the mention of them. Their threats didn't seem to phase her much at all, really. Okay, Al's threats. She then ran her fingers through the bangs of her long, black hair, trying to form words that weren't "I'm going to gut you like a fish." Fortunately for her, she didn't say that. She didn't like the guns pointed at her, and by now, if she wasn't so goddamn tired, she'd've disarmed Al, his friend, and taken the eyes out of the girl.

Oh, but that wouldn't be an acceptable greeting. She seems pretty fine with it, though she hasn't acted on it. She decided to raise her arms halfheartedly, obviously just dog-tired. She didn't say anything yet. That'd be in a few seconds after she put her hands on her head and exhaling. "Not looking for trouble. Just a place to stay until the night." She said, trying to sound as convincing as she could that she really wasn't looking for trouble. She'd personally stab each and every single fucker here, but she wasn't going to tell them that.

Ugh. She kicked up some dust coming in. She opened her mouth again, though no words came out, like she was waiting for something. Then, suddenly, she gave forth a sneeze. A small sounding one that shook her body more than it needed to. Probably because she was so drained from the day. She looked the part too. Her beautiful jet-black hair was disheveled, and her eyes were yellow. Oh, but her eyes were always like that. She gave a sniff and rubbed her nose with a finger, nose already a little bit red. "Excuse me." She said, sort of casually, right before dropping to her knees and falling asleep the second she hit the floor.

Poor psychopath. She looked, if only for a moment, like she was peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 pm

A Rather Cheap Soup Restaurant-Close To The Southern Train Station

Oh yeah. Jacksus really cringed when that sticky child pointed out his nose. Perfectly acceptable nose for a gremlin, but he wasn't exactly in a place there those were around, now was he? Mack pretended to not hear a peep and must some cash on the table. As if timed before hand, both pals got up, pushed in their chairs, and made an effort to look casual while leaving the place.

On the streets- Walking

"I told ya Mack, monospeciel, I bet they've never seen a Gremlin in their lives." huffed Jacksus, head tilted down and the hoody drawn tight.
"Well," Mack tired to think of something optimistic to say, but failed, "okay okay, so it seems like there all only humans. Well, just say you're a freak." Jacksus looked up and gave Mack a funny look.
"What?"
"Yeah, just tellem' off if they bring it up. 'oy, why you have to bring it up! That fire screwed up my face, the reconstructive plastic surgery was botched, don't be such a jerk about it!' Yeah, just go with that." Jacksus was still being Mack a look. "Oh come on, you have to say something, could get a job from pity." Now Jacksus just flat out stopped walking.

On the streets- Walking Standing

"Get a job?" Jacksus said like he was just asked to devour a live shark.
"Mhmm, a job," responded Mark.
"But, I," Jacksus stuttered, "I've always made money as an informant. Get rewarded for finding stuff out."
"This is a different place, Jacksus, may not work that way, I'll have to start off as a low level cop myself," explained Mack, "get a job as a waiter or something, they're often funny fellows." Jacksus's mouth was opening and closing, trying to find his words.
"No human could possably be messed up enough to look like a-
"It's a city, Jacksus," Mack grined. Like a chess player that has it set up so that the opponent has no hope, and it's clear enough so the opponent knows this them self.
"Fucker!" Cursed Jacksus Both started back on their walk, Jacksus a bit mopey.

On the streets- Walking Standing Walking once more, Jacksus a bit mopey.
Back to top Go down
Person

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Arkadi cocked his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. Rolling his eyes to the counter, he noticed a hand and pulled his drink away, putting it to his lips and taking a long sip, drinking more than what would go down at once. "A generous donation? Why would I do that if I already gave you my sandwich?" He inquired, turning around in full to face the guy who had taken his food. "In fact, keep the food and we'll make it even." His stomach growled as if clockwork and he closed his eyes for a moment, before shaking his head and standing up. He took a few steps forward to leave.

Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 pm

On The Streets Of Igulls-Close To The Southern Train Station

Police you say? Well the station should be right on your left, now that you mention the profession. It's a bit of a run down place, bullet holes and a few cracked windows along the side of the building, but the police call it home. The big, blaring words "POLICE" were inscribed along the overhang, the word "PiG" sprayed right under "POLICE". Someone likes em 'round these parts.

Oh look, here comes the cleanest cop in the place! Sergeant Gabriel Eckhart. He's dressed in the traditional blue police garb, so you can tell he's a cop. As for knowing he's the cleanest cop or not, you'll need to give it some time and learn about the guy. His mustache seems friendly enough though. He turned and went up the steps into the station without a word. Guy seemed really annoyed at something thar. Next door to the Police Station is a bakery, which is actually in MUCH better shape than the Station. Where are our taxes going, you ask? Clearly not to our public defenders. Then again, they get paid off enough as it is, so they have nothing to worry about when it comes to money.

Basement Of An Apparently Abandoned Building

Oh, whoops. Anja and Al were too busy arguing with each other to catch onto what Charlotte said, but the first man was nice and quiet for the her and her semi-heard words. After she dropped to the floor, the man kneeled by her and instantly checked for any mon-... Identification. His bored, half-lidded eyes wandered over the butterfly knife slipped in her belt. Huh. Knew a few tricks with the thing. One hand occupied with playing with his new butterfly knife, he went through the satchel of smoke bombs. Hum, de dum, nothing too interesting here.

He dropped the satchel on her stomach and pulled a cigarette from his pants pocket. Pants were too tight to hold a lighter, so he just held it in his mouth should someone be polite enough to offer a light. Al and Anja were still arguing behind him when they attempted to rope the other man into the conversation, though unsuccessfully. "Aint that right, Lucas?" Al said, catching his attention. "Hm?" Lucas looked over his shoulder, unlit cigarette still in his mouth. "Whatever you say, Al." Lucas stood up and walked back over to the two, hands casually half in his pockets. Then the two arguing noticed that Charlotte was down and out. Oh.

"Does the girl even have a name on her?" Lucas shrugged boredly and held out the butterfly knife. "All I found on her was this and some smoke bombs." Al lifted a hand to scratch at his chin. "Think she could have a bounty on her head?" Lucas shrugged again, moving to go upstairs. "I'll go check the books." Anjas hand suddenly snapped out, grabbing his arm. "Why would some random girl like her have a bounty on her head? She probably just wandered in looking for a place to sleep. " Lucas took one look back at Charlotte before turning his head toward Anja once more. "Random girls dont have horns on their head or these in their belts." He said, showing Anja the butterfly knife he'd taken from Charlotte. Lucas continued up the stairs, Al right behind him. "For all we know, she may not even be a girl. Could be one of Allie's friends here." He jerked a hand over his shoulder at the muttenchopped man following him. "Ey, watch it." Al grunted, shoving Lucas lightly, to which Lucas chuckled lightly.

Anja looked up at the two men leaving and shook her head. She walked upstairs and came back down moments later, blanket in hand. "Poor girl..." She muttered, draping it over Charlottes body. Anja went back upstairs and a click echoed from the basement door. Locked.

Sandwich Shop- Some Podunk Village

The same sandwich stealing prick stepped infront of Arkadi, holding a hand out to stop him. "Whoa whoa whoa buddy, siddown a minute." He said, making to push Arkadi back into his seat. "Did I give you permission to leave? Nope. I didnt." To which his asshole buddies grouped around Arkadi again. "Please, oh humble richman, give your lowly servents some small cent and we'll be on our way." He said, nodding to one of the fellows behind Arkadi. The guy smirked and reached for the mans belt, hand finding the empty handgun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Golly, that's convenient.

"Well Jacksus, looks like we found it," Both Jacksus and Mark looked up at the police station.
"Yep, that's a city police station," commented Jacksus, "you can yell because someone wrote p-"
"Jacksus! Enough of that!" Mark exclaimed, "I'll go in there and get an interview done."
"And?" asked Jacksus.
"Hm?"
"What am I supposed to do?" said Jacksus, "no way I'm going to hang outside of ah station." Mark got on his toes and looked over the people and around the city.
"That bus stop, across the street. Wait there." Mack got to thinking, actually, find some cheap housing, then meet up there." Jacksus rolled is bulbous eyes.
"Alright alright, meet up at the bus stop." Mack and Jacksus separated paths, Mack went inside the station.

Inside the Police Station- Mack

Mack stepped inside and took a look around. It wasn't in good condition, just like at home. Maybe even worse.
"Hello?" Mack called in, "looking for a job."

Out on the Streets- Jacksus

Oy vay, Mack goes and gets a job interview while I have to look for a place to stay, thought Jacksus. He shoved his hands into his pockets. Wait.
Fuck, he thought, I forgot to ask for some money! Ugh, Mack probably thought I could just ask for a place and they'd save some space and get the money that night, his thoughts continued, doesn't work like that!
That left one other thing to do. Look for a *gulp* job.
Jacksus began to wander around. See if there was any "help wanted" signs. Ugh, why the heck did they leave home anyway? Not like it seemed much different here.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 pm

In that small, dark room, Char was dead asleep. Her mind however, was not, and so she would dream a dream of home.

Raised in a broken home of creatures not entirely unlike her (though with different colored blood and differently shaped horns), born in a tribe somewhere outside of an industrial-esque civilization with technology far beyond just about anyone near that quad-sunned solar system. The days were short, and the nights were long, surprisingly. The days were oh-so-very hard though, and in the hour where there was light, you could very well be incinerated. She lived in the city close to her tribe, living in a basement for about an hour a day. That's all her species needed.

She remembered messing around as kids often do, getting into (and out of) trouble with nothing less than a can of spraypaint and that pocket knife, which has saved her skin countless times in the past. She was taught the ways of being a silent, lethal force with it, after all. The darkness was her ally, and the sun was her mortal enemy. If there was a shadow, she could hide in it. She was the predator, and everything else was prey. Of course, that was just her childhood. Not the only part of her childhood, of course. She loved, she lost, and she hung out with her friends. She was at one point, as normal as a girl could be on that planet. Here? She was a goddamn ninja.

Minus Katana.

She was deadly with her hands, and short blades. A sort of... "Shotgun Ninja". Effective at close range. Very effective.

APPEARENTLY ABANDONED BUILDING - BASEMENT (1 hour later)

Her leg twitched and she woke up, shooting up quickly. Oh, the basement. Right. She was accustomed to the darkness, and had no problem finding her way to the door and giving a shot at opening it. Locked. Hmm. Of course, you know, she would notice that her knife was missing, and she felt worried about that. Next time, she'll have to put it in a less conspicuous place, she supposed, if she ever got it back. She decided to knock on the door, blanket wrapped around her, feeling cold from laying in the basement. She decided to add something to her knock. A simple "Hello?", she supposed, would suffice. She then decided to sit down on the second step and wait for the door to open, ears open for signs of life, and a hand against the wall to feel any vibrations.

She sneezed again, then rubbed her nose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City Of Opportunity   

Back to top Go down

City Of Opportunity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1