Sorcarto Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcarto Clan

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it - Roald Dahl

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prologue II: Hellgear City

Go down 
+2
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Count DVB
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

Number of posts : 892
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Oh, completely forgot something.

Mark was probably hauling around huge bits of manticore with him. I bet that looked strange and would be very unwelcome in a modern city.
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Manticore, huh? When the fuck did those things come around? Zed figured it'd be best not to ask, and to use his amazing psionic powers to create a light in front of his face. It was a small wad of light, sort of in the shape of a crumpled piece of paper. Zed would mess with it a little bit, trying to shape it into a rubber duck, for the sake of his amusement. When that didn't work, he tried to make it into a ball.

It gave him something to do as he waited, having mostly completed his prototype back-to-ground mounted turret system, his wrench at his side.

He looked up at the sky, or whatever was above him and said "Train's comin'." He didn't know that for sure, but he figured he felt a slowly raising vibration, like a train was indeed coming. 'Course, he wouldn't care if he was right or wrong at this point. Dude was too busy doing nothing at all to give a shit.
Back to top Go down
http://blueskyproductions.freeforums.org/index.php
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 am

And then I laugh, because there is no attack. By manticore, I meant chopped up bits that Mark had. Those weren't attacking anybody, unless a necromacer appeared, which one didn't.

The one in the group doesn't count, really.

Now, the train was coming, maybe the vibrations from that is what set off the false alarm. And I tell you, that's one hell of a train. People say "ride marta, it's smarta" but this thing more pulled the vibe "ride me if you dare, movah fucker". It was at the least of one story high, and was made of welded iron panted the colors of the Hellgear, grimdark black and red. A griss of unwilling slowing metal filled the immediate area, and then the doors opened.

"Hi ho, present ticket stubs(Did we have tickets in the first place? Not reading back, just pretend we did.)," said a dwarf on the other side. He sniffed, "what's that smell?"

"Dead manticore," said Mark.
"Also undead child," added Mift.

Let's take a look at the dwarf for a bit, shall we? He hard a long beard, upbraided, brown hair to boot. Wore a typical ticket collector uniform, including the hat. Height was somewhere in the park of 3'6 to 4'2.

"Err, yah," said the ticket dwarf, "can't be letting any undead, they leave a' mess. and fairies-"

"Pixie," Mift interrupted.

"Pixies leave dust." finished the dwarf. Mark got to thinking what to do, what to do. Hmm.

"Say my good man"

"Dwarf" said the dwarf.

"Right, dwarf," said Mark, who came from a world without dwarves. "I have in here, as my little friend has said, parts of a dead manticore." Mark dropped the bag of dead monster part on the ground. "take your pick."

What seemed like a complete and utter fail at bribery seemed to pick up. The dwarf started to shift through the bag of cut off bits, and looked very pleased to find an intact femur. The gleam in the dwarf's eyes told that he'd found his new way to deal with people who tired to get free rides.

"Alright, ehem, you may go through," the ticket dwarf put the femur on his belt, clearly satisfied with his end of the deal. With the dwarf successful bribed with a body part, Mark picked up the bag and took a seat. They weren't the only ones getting on, of course. In fact, another bit of hubub was going one back with the dwarf.

Currently speaking with the ticket dwarf was a thin and tall women, in clothing that clearly marked her as wealthy, aside from the lack of fur. She also had some sort of pet parrot bird pet on her shoulder. You could tell this was an elf, because of the black hair and pointed ears.

"Sorry, no pets allowed," said the dwarf.

"I assure you, it's perfectly tame," the elf said calmly.

"I was talking to the bird," the dwarf grinned and took the ticket, the elf woman walked in haughty, clearly offended by the rude dwarf. It was clear you couldn't trust those bearded oafs. They carried around bones, of all things.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:37 am

Zed handed in the ticket with HIS STUPENDOUS PSIONIC ABILITIES. That's what he'd say if he was narrating, since he worked damn hard for what he had. Zed, sans the mind-powers, was one creepy guy. WITH the mind-powers, this dude was one seriously fucked up individual. See, truth be told, he was a pretty damn fine psionic, and a fucking great engineer, and what he did, he took his sweet time on. Even repairs. Trouble is, being a psionic and being an engineer, he has two different mindsets. One of 'em is hyperfocusing speed-thinking (Psionics), while the other is much more... "Relaxed" (Engineering). Between the two, he's relatively sane, as psionics slowly drains his sanity.

He's been using psionics waaay too frequently lately, and it showed by the funny way he walked, and even in the way he sat down, kneeling in his seat.

He began to wonder if he could make the train move with HIS STUPENDOUS PSIONIC ABILITIES.

Maybe a budge.
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Samuel casually stepped OVER the tiny dwarf, dropping the ticket into the dwarfs hand. He smiled to himself as he hopped into the train, following Mark and Zed along. Oh wait. What about those other guys. Samuel looked back and well... They'd get on if they were paying attention. Waving his hand at them dismissively he turned back to the subway and went to sitdown next to Zed. He looked left and right before muttering to himself quietly. "Where's that DVB guy..." A man not too far away in a blue jacket and a rather distinctive hat suddenly snapped his head toward them, slightly surprised look upon his face, before relaxing and gazing back out the window.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Where is DVB, where is DVB?, WHERE IS DVB?

He's sitting in the train already. Just forgot to mention that before, already gave his ticket and everything. It'd be silly if it turned out he was right to ya, but for the sake of explaining away you not seeing him from my lack of mention, We'll just saw he's on the other side of Mark, who had that big ol' back on the seat.

Hm, hm. Wait. Did the train just move? I think it moved! MIND POWERS WOR- oops, never mind. The doors had closed and the train was starting its chug along the magicalmagnetic track of unnecessarily advanced engineering in a fantasy world. Since I'm going to go ahead and roll with what's been already shown in this world, I'll also say that the train is moving nice and smooth. Now that the train was moving at stable speed the only way you could even notice that you where moving was looking out the window.

The ticket dwarf didn't bother getting a seat. Dwarves are stable on their feet, and the start of the ride, which was bumpy, didn't bother him. Heck, you all could stand at this point, just make sure to have a seat when the time comes for the train to stop.

The train was filled with that awkward silence you get on these rides times. The only noise was the faint sound of rushing air out side, and the ticket dwarf humming the famous Dwarfish Hi Ho song. The Elf lady would occasionally move her eyes to look at the others in the train, not happy that a person of her standing was in the same train as these people. Urgh, what was in that unshaven man's bag? It was starting to smell, anyone could tell that.

The train's intercom ping on. The voice of the conductor announced that the train would be stopping, and please keep to your seats. The train showed no sign of stopping, and, if you had wonderful eyesight and were looking at the right time, saw that train passed right by the stop. Now, something wasn't right. The intercom ping on again, made a terrible snapping noise, and pinged back off. Yep, something isn't right.

Diego gripped his mace. He could tell something was wrong, using his powers that came from his pseudoshamanism. So was that, err, stuffed bear martial artist. Yeah.

Even though the not-a-shaman had a hold of his mace, it did nothing to save the door that connected to the other car from being kicked open. Out walked a man, followed by three others. The man was wearing an over coat(over a white shirt), pair of nice pants was sporting a very floppy hat that was comparable to a witches without the use of hair pins, all in a rust red theme. The man had a nasty scar that went from his chin to his ear, it was almost as bad as his curly mustace and small pointed goatee. Above all this, the most noticeable thing about him was that he was holding a gun. The other three men shared the get up he did, sans hat.

"Alrrright!" the man rolled his Rs, "I don't want any trrrrouble now, sah just take out yee money and make this easy on yourrr self!" He and his men were pointing their guns, not in the wavy and showy way of amateur, but in the steady manner of the trained eye. The ticket dwarf slowly put his hand on the manticore femur, the man with the floppy hat smiled and shook his head.

"The hell are you?" said a tiny voice. The man turned his eyes in the direction of the voice. It had come from Mift, currently six inches tall and sitting on Mark's hat. The look on her face told that the appearance of these men with guns was just another annoyance in her life.

"Me? Why little fairy"

"Pixie"

"I am Joslit Dublovin, and I am the bandit holding a gun at you," the man said. He raised an eyebrow, "so, money or your lives? Can' have both now!"

"Not if I say so!" Diego had jumped from his seat and attempted to pounce on Joslit. The bandit shot the fakey-shaman's leg and the pounce failed, with Diego landing on the ground, clutching the wound. Sun, that bear-thing, shot into the air to avange it's hurt master, and earned three shots through it's fluff by the three gun men.

Joslit grinned. It was a nasty grin.
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Bandit's? Oh ho, this'll be great. Samuel almost considered letting the sicko to his right take care of them, but he'd rather stay away from a massacre. To be honest, he didnt really care all that much for this. He didnt have anything on him and if these assholes fired at him, he'd just punch them or something uncreative like that. Oh. They shot a teammate. A weird, intrusive one, sure, but a teammate nonethe less. Well, bullets werent the most effective things on him, so why not give it a try? They hurt like hell, but it was rare that they actually pierced his skin. 'Least, far as Samuel knew. For DVB! Or something.

Samuel suddenly lunged at Joslit, grasping the muzzle of the gun in one hand, other hand drawn back into a fist to be sent into the mans gut. If he succeeded in alla this, awesome. Use Joslit's body as a shield incase his buddies try to get friendly. Joslit would probably go down if Samuel's fist made contact. Guy's a hard hitter. No Superman, but it'd hurt like hell it would.

The man in the blue jacket kept his eye trained on Joslit. He almost reacted to that DVB fellow getting shot down but kept his cool, biding his time. Oh, that other man's doing his work for him. Just great, another corpse. This probably wouldnt end well.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Zed liked this grin a lot. It was the kind of grin that made Zed get really exited, like he may have met his match. Zed loved that as an idea, to be honest. Of course, now would be a good time to tell you that Zed was an Imp, not a human. A schizo imp, to be sure. With mind powers. Zed proceeded to use them to fire off one of the bandit's guns. To screw with 'em. Just when they thought it was a misfire...

He'd do it again.

Oooh, he hit someone! Zed was pleased, as it was that DVB guy. Better to hit the one he knew than the one he didn't, Zed figured. In this case. This very singular and special case.

Zed decided to stop now, though. He had a turret system to set up, which he did so by tossing it over his shoulder. It was his briefcase, and appeared to be just that. A small, black, thin, rectangular box. It was closed. "Money's in there!" Zed said, looking over his chair to see what would become of the bandits. They were probably confused enough already.

Or maybe not.

Zed didn't care, he was too busy biting the top of his seat in anticipation of the sudden electric-based death that would befall them.

Then Samuel came in. "DON'T STEP ON THE BRIEFCASE, DUDE." He called out to him, his teeth soon again clamping to the top of his seat.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Oh how interesting! These other fellows also think they are the cat's meow! Samuel readied his punch!

And the other man's gun went off out of no where. It hit the ticket dwarf in the head...

PING!

What? All dwarves wear helmets, and this one was no exception. Sure, I said it wore a ticket person's hat, but that was placed on top of the viking style(no horns, like real vikings) helmet. He still shot his hand to where it it. Metal protected it, but damn! it still dented hard and hurt like hell.

That moment of confusion gave Joslit Dublovin the moment he needed. The bandit grabbed Samuel's wrist and twisted it until he let go, got on one knee, and made an uppercut into the man's gut. Then he shot Samuel in the knee cap. Because being a bandit practically demands of you to play dirty.

The gun man whose gun went off had a quick flash of shock on his face, but then pretended that he totally intended to shoot. Can't show weakness then you're the one holding the gun, let the others think you tired to shoot that dwarf. Yeah, you mean business.

Joslit Dublovin got back onto his feet and held up his gun once more. Now some strange thing was claiming that The Money was in the Suitcase. Really? Please, oldest trick int the book. He'd seen it before, needle if some horrible poison coating it would shot out all spring powered.

"Ah, yes, of courrrse," said Joslit Dublovin, "and this money? I suppose indeed one must not step on it, hmm?" The scene was interrupted by ticket dwarf, who was holding his head in pain and explaining a colorful use of dwarfish swear words, most of which had curious placement of the letter Z. Joslit Dublovin was looking at the dwarf if the full unamusement of one interrupted when they thought they had a clever line to deliver.

This gave enough time for the elf woman to stand. When Joslit Dublovin turned his head back forward he saw the elf, and shook his head with a smile. Some elf in a sleavless dress, was going to tell off Joslit Dublovin? How much to scoff at, he couldn't find a place to start!

Well, she didn't bother with words, she held out her hand, and pointed at him with two fingers. A spiral of fire erupted from the tips and drilled into Joslit Dublovin, who was now on fire.

"AHHHH!" he screamed "AHHHHHHHHHH." The elf let out a small smile at a job well done. Severs the human right, causing a ruckus. Hump.

"AHHH. AHHH-HAAAA HAA HAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA."

The elf turned back around quickly. The bandit was just standing there, on fire. Smiling Oh gods, why smiling? The elf took two steps back. Jos-litonfire Dublovin took three steps forward. Oh gods, he licked his lips, licked his lips, and he's completely on fire.

"OHHohhohOHOHhhhO Harrr harrr!" cackled Jos-litonfire Dublovin, "you elves and yourrr magic! It's almost cute!" The elf tried to back up some more, then hit the car's door on the other side. This one was locked. On the up until now calm elf's face, was fright. Magic always worked, and this, this, this human took being set on fire like a sick joke! The woman was in trouble now.

Who would help? Not the dwarf, even if his head wasn't hurt, no way a dwarf would risk their hide to save an elf. Mark? Well, his only experiences with the elves of 'his' land taught him that elves are just pretty monsters. DVB would love to help, we all know how much he'd love to save a female in danger, but he's in deep pain right now.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:39 am

Jos-litonfire. That's a pretty clever pun, right there. I like that pun.

Zed however, didn't like that his suitcase went untouched. To be honest, it didn't matter if someone stepped on it or not, but it may get some dust on it, and Zed doesn't like getting his suitcase dirty. Hands? Yes. Mind? Sure. Feet? What are those. Suitcase? Never. Ever. Never ever ever.

It was probably getting dirty now, but that didn't occur to Zed, as he now decided to screw with the other bandits, opening a luggage case on one of 'em from behind. You'd never know it was him, however. He doens't glow. He doesn't twitch. He just sort of bites that seat in anticipation to see their startled reactions. Bonus points if a gun goes off because of that.

Oh. Yeah.

He's keeping score.

He also saw the quick flash of confusion on his victim's face, giving a wide grin. Hm. He wondered if he could get that guy to move his gun up to his head, then pull the trigger? Hm. Zed aimed to do just that, sort of sitting there, looking like a fucking retard, biting on the top of his seat.

Mmm... Leather.
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 am

OW, Christ, that HURT. Samuel dropped to the ground, rubbing his knee fervently. Damn bullet would probably leave an awful black and blue after awhile. Samuel swung his arm back and prepared to completely trash this guys knees when all of a sudden, it felt like the sun was suddenly glaring upon his back. Samuel turned his head just as the bandit got lit up, screaming and hollering like mad. "Oh. Well that simplifies everything." He uttered quietly, shielding his face from the heat. Oh. Wait, that's not good. This guy's still moving. Well, Samuel's arm was still good to swing, so he just let 'er go.

By the way, think of Samuel as a weak Superman in terms of strength. So that swing to the knees? Yeah, that was kinda like swinging a steel bat at his knees. Or something. It's far too late for comparisons, let's just say it hurt a LOT.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Yesss, the elf was right in front of the bandit, and being a person that laughs off blasts of magic fire, simple throttling was clearly not going to happen. Inhuman glee shined in Joslit Dublovin's eyes as he neared the elf-

-and was given a superhuman punch to the back of his knees. Ouch.

No, really, that was a legitimate physical assault, no magic nothing, it caused bone break and caused the burning bandit to fall right on down. Still on fire. The elf was frozen still, looking down at her would-be killer.

Oh, but remember, there's still those other three gun men, both not of fire and perfectly still. That one guy Zed tried to mind puppet didn't show any sign of releasing hold of this body. Soon as they saw dear ol' boss fall they whooped into action. Two men stepped forward to go and shoot that bastard that down their boss.

But that dwarf was angry about being shot at, and one of the men stepping forward was the one whose gun went off, before he knew it there was an over whelming pain in his loins, and he fell to his knees. He just got a manticore femur smashed into his family jewels, and that's a painful thing, especially considering the swinging arm of them dwarves. The man not attack moved on to shoot Samuel, try and attack him before he puts a bullet into or biblical reference friend.

Now, the other one he was standing there to make sure the other guys, which consists of the lazy bastard(s) that haven't peeked on by to update, and Mark n' Mift. Currently the man was eying Mark's bag.

"What's in that?" the gunman said flatly.

"Some parts off a dead thing," Mark responded casually. The gunman raised an eye brow.

"Really, what's in that thing?" the gunman said with no interest on this strange person's attempt to make jokes.

"If you don't believe me, take a look," Mark said innocently. The gunman grimaced.

"Nice try, I'm not falling for it," the gunman said, "open it up, so I can see it from here." Mark shrugged and opened the bag up.

The strong smell of rot flooded the car.

The gunman grabbed his nose with his free hand and swore "the hell!?".

"You get used to it after a few years living off hunting these kinds of things," Mark said conversationally, "monsters tend to rot quicker then your normal beasty." The gunman stepped back and away from the awful bag, whose rot mad the whole place sink like Nurgel's armpit, and stepped on something on the floor.

Or dear, it was the suitcase.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:27 am

Which sprung open, dispensing electric death to anything smaller than a dwarf, probably sending that one gunman right on his arse. Zed would take advantage of that and smack him upside the head with one of those metal serving trays. Like, legitimately. Got up, WHA-PANG! That probably hurt a little bit, but not nearly as much as several volts coursing through your body.

Okay, so volts weren't deadly. Amps would be what Zed was gonna go for next, but he needed something to test it on. This'll do fine, he figured. He would soon toss the metal tray over his shoulder casually, and, accidentally electrifying himself.

Boy, you gotta love those magical reflecting trays.

Zed was now awake.

Oh boy!
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 pm

BANG BANG BANG Samuel, flinched with each shot, only getting more and MORE angry with each bullet. GodDAMN that shit hurts. Samuel's face contorted into a snarl, rising from the ground slowly. His hand suddenly lashed out, crushing the muzzle of the mans gun. "Biiiig fucking mistake." He growled, giving the gunman a good, square, punch in the face. Probably took the gunman down, too.

Now to take care of that Joslit asshole, this time with his Goddamn FOOT. Wait, I'd rather not post what to do to this guy now. Still gotta see if he got up or something. Well, if he DIDNT get up, Samuel's pretty prepared to knock him back down. With his FOOT, I might add. A good kick in the other leg should do the trick. If Joslit's not up yet, well... Guess that kick can wait, yknow?
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 am

Here we go, time to Get Stuff Done.

First, the man who got electrocuted. Err, he died. Really. It wasn't the zap that killed him, more like the shock. In this case shock means surprise, because that bandit died of a heart attack. Seeing that man do down to cardiac arrest made Mark grimace, watching a person die from a heart attack is not a wonderful and magical sight.

Bandit number two, who had his crotch smashed in my the ticket dwarf, was on the ground in a fetal position, being kicked and punched by the dwarf. That'll show him for trying to rob a train, attack it's passengers, and enter without a ticket.

Joslit Dublovin was still down from the punch o the knees. This fire was also a strange color now, almost green. Don't think into that too hard, though, because that's just from the rot fumes. Oh, yes, being kicked. Yeah, Samuel kicked him in the ass, with the strength of a vague and ever changing number of men. Joslit Dublovin gave a raspy yelp as he suddenly leaped up from the strike. Huh, he changed paths in the air. Oh, the jump was a flip, now Joslit was behind Samuel.

The Beaten, bruised, and aflame head bandit scurried to the dead bandit. Wonder why? Hm, he set him on fire, odd.

Oh, err, well. See. Wow. After setting the dead bandit on fire, Joslit,, see. Man, this is awkward. Okay, okay, I'll spill.

Joslit was taking hearty bites out of his dead gunman. Chomping would be an appropriate word here. Damn, he didn't even chew those flesh chunks, he just swallowed them up whole. Joslit Dublovin looked ravenous while he did this, and changed.

No, he didn't turn into a monster, if you couldn't tell, he's already a monster, just a human looking one. What happened was that his wounds began to heal, bruises faded, and wounds closed, and the fire slowly died. All while he ate a dead man' body, who was human, just take my word.

Now this, this, this perked Mar's interest. He went from laid back and watching to on his feet and alert. You see, it's not a human trait to start rapidly healing after eating human flesh. The fire? At first Mark assumed it was some magic ward, and that Joslit Dublovin was just mad. Well, now, Mark was sure he was looking at some kind of monster.

Mark Samson is a Monster Hunter. He makes his living on killing monsters of all kinds.

As Joslit Dublovin stood up from the body, he wiped his mouth with a tattered piece of his clothes, as if he was a noble and had a high class dinner. Then something clicked by his ear. It was the readying of a rifle, he grinned as he looked to Mark.

"Hello, therrre," Jolsit Dublovin purred.

"Hello monster, what are you?" Mark said with a professional grin.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Responded Doslit. Mark didn't like that snark, he pulled the trigger. He went flying into the well, over the top, because the gun didn't have that power. It was just Joslit making fun. He got up, and laughed at the group as a whole.

The dwarf was still beating on that one bandit. Oh, and the punched bandit had recovered from the hit and was hiding behind a seat. If asked, he'd tell you that Joslit hired the three only an hour before hijacking the train, the poor bastards were just looking for easy money, and didn't know that Joslit Dublovin was a-

What was he? I'll give you a hint. It starts with a "W" and has nothing to do with wolves. Although, it's common for people to screw up lore and make them look like yetis.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:36 am

Zed gave a cheer when he realized that he made a guy have a heart attack and drop dead, then slowly stopped when Joslit started eating it. "Hey HEY HEY, THAT WAS MY KILL! GE'CHER OWN!" Then Mark went ahead and did something weird with his gun, and that Joslit started to laugh. Zed took it personal, though he didn't know what it was. FULL OF IMP SPUNK, AND READY TO TUSSLE, Zed took out his wrench and pointed it at Joslit. "MOTHERFUCKER, YOUS GOIN' DOOOWN." Zed would then bite his tongue after saying that, drawing some weird purple blood or something weird. It would leak out of his mouth a bit.

"Ow."

Zed would proceed to grasp hold of his pants, raise them, and get to runnin', hoping to smack the guy across the face with his wrench. This would be easy to dodge. That kneeing thing that he does when he runs after he pulls up his pants, however, may prove to be just a little bit harder, seeing how he sort of exaggerates running when he does it. Like Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy, except without the severe back slouch.

And then there are those horns...
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:59 pm

WHOA HE'S RIGHT BEHIND SAMUEL? Dude, acrobats are everywhere nowadays, arent they? Samuel turned on his feet to face the unholy, disgusting menace that be Joslit and immediately wished that he didnt. The guy barely even chewed his food, much less picked a better kind to eat. I mean, human? Okay, who was Samuel to judge. He wasnt a cannibal himself and therefore couldnt say anything on the subject. 'Least he didnt think he was a cannibal. Who knows. Before all this, he could have been a neural surgeon with a taste for human calves. Damn that terrible memory.

Samuel turned and ripped a chair from where it hovered, swinging it in one full motion at Joslit. Didnt matter where he hit him, as long as it connected with some part of his body, this would HURT. No person right in the head went around and ate their dead allies. Just aint respectful and purely disgusting. Oh, hopefully Samuel wouldnt hit Ra-ZED. The guy seemed like he was going for some pants hoisted above the waist ass-whoopin right there and to stop that would be a disservice to human kind.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Joslit Dublovin leapt to avoid the charging mad engineer, and got hit by the thrown chair. The bandit landed in a roll, Mark fired several shots as the monster tumbled, all missing. Mark flung the rifle onto his back by the strap, and drew this saber.

"Ah hahaha! You going to trrry sworrrd play?" mocked Joslit Dublovin, getting, "how original!"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll how funny you are with your head rolling on the floor," barked Mark, he then moved his eyes to Mift, who was on his shoulder, "That'll work, right? On what ever in hell he is?"

"Dunno," said Mift, "not sure what he is."

"Well that's a first, you're a little monster encyclopedia, little monster."

This distracted conversation prompted Joslit Dublovin to jump at Mark. He quickly reacted with a swing of his saber, which Joslit Dublovin caught with his teeth. Mark scowled in disgust and pushed foreword, but that there bandit had a strong biting grip, and the blade failed to push forward.

It was at time that the ticket dwarf was done mauling the poor gunman, and thought about attacking the other guy who failed to pay for a ticket. Oh, look, he was biting that fellow's sword. How rude. The ticket dwarf belted the femur and leaded at the bandit (a lot of jumping around is going, eh?) with the full intention to crush his windpipe with his bare hands.

His hands were around Joslit Dublovin's throat.

But the dwarf was just hanging there. Hands around the man's neck. The bandit holding no heed, taking the two assaults like a walk in the park.

The elf was slowly getting back to her feet. She wasn't going to join that fight, she was in a dress for pete's sake. Besides, fighting is no job for a lady, and magic was already shown to be useless.
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:16 am

Samuel's face contorted into a wild splotch of anger, middle of his lip lifted up high and the sides low in an exaggerated fashion. Well, this wont do at all. If this crazy mother fucker can take a chair tossed at him, he's something else. 'Specially from Samuel. Hell, with his kind of power, he could probably take an entire temple down or something. Ha. Two fuckers on this Joslit guy and STILL he wont go down? Oh, this just wont. Fucking. Do. Samuel walked right on up to this thing that starts with a 'w' and lifted his foot WAY up.

And brought it down right on Joslits back.

With the kind of strength he has, he could probably slam it straight through Joslits very body. Stomp right through the spine, stomp his heart through the ribs, and right into the pavement. Tile. Whatever. And if you'd want to keep the poor fucker alive rather than have him y'know... Lacking internal organs, Samuel could just slam his elbow down on the guy. Not enough to go through his body, but still it'd hurt like a motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:30 am

WHAM! Zed smacked into a wall. Full force. Mostly by the horns, but his nose did a bit of smacking too. He pocketed his wrench and held his nose for a bit, withdrawing his hands after a while to see if it was bleeding. Oh, yeah. Totally was. Zed frowned a bit and looked about. Oh, hey. His briefcase. He'd pack that up right where he was and sling it up in one of the luggage compartments before Zed made any more movements.

He went to grab a seat and sit down to clear his head a bit and sort out what just happened.

Okay.

Bandit came. Made threats. Did violent things. Zed messed with his buddies. Bandit ate one of his buddies. Bandit laughed.

The laugh probably triggered that last bit of stupidity. Zed ought to know by now that he's a support-type, but he doesn't always seem to acknowledge this. Like just now with that charge.

Why'd he have to go and pull up his pants? Zed made to fix them now.

The bandit caught the other guy's sword, Marx or something, with his teeth.

Zed thought that was a pretty neat trick.

Zed would then look at the fight, grasping hold of the seat before eventually getting tossed on the floor by one of the train's bumps.

Dude really has to be more careful. He's not INVINCIBLE or something. In fact, this entire time, he's been quite the fair-bit uncharacteristic. Sans muckingwith the bandits. He didn't mean to kill anyone, though, he did cheer about it. He didn't actually think the guy was dead anyway. Then that Joslit guy ate him.

Reminded him of takeout, back home. Anyone caught in the sun would be fried so hardcore, their burnt meat and ash are used as flavoring.

Zed felt sort of sick, just then.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 am

No way he could have blocked or dodge that attack. Holding back a sword with his teeth, a dwarf grabbing hold of his neck. That kick landed, and there was a satisfying cracking noise make by his spine. In this event, Jolsit Dublovin lost his grip on the sword, and it slipped forward and cut through until it stopped at the back of the jaw. The bandit fell to his knees. Mark whipped his saber against a seat cushion, and sheathed it. The ticket dwarf let go. The elf released a held in breath.

"HA" A very disconcerting thing to here the beaten to shit opponent to say. "HAHAHAHAHOT DAMN," ah, that sounds a little bit better, "YOU FUCKERRR. YOU PUT A HOLY ARRRTIFACT IN YOURRR BOOT? SILVERRR?" Joslit Dublovin clutched his stomach, which was not spilling guts, and was just this awkward looking hole. He got back up, and spat on the ground for no real reason. "I've had fun with you, dearrrr people," Joslit purred, and coughed up blood, "but you play surrrrprrrisingly rrrough. Forr now, I must leave you. See you anotherrr day my new frrriends!" Joslit Dublovin sprang forward, suddenly, pushing Mark out of the way, and jumping out the train window still in motion. A heavy breeze from the train's speed blew into the room.

"Damned Monsters," Mark summed up. Mift nodded.

The ticket dwarf looked up to Mark and held out his hand, big grin showing on his face. "You did dang well there!" boasted the dwarf, "the name's Brazak Dorfensonson." Mark smiled back and gave the dwarf a firm handshake.

"Mark Samson, Monster Hunter." Mark responded to the dwarf.

While those two were chatting the elf had approached the window cautiously, and looked out of it and around it while maintaining a safe distance. Typical lower races, shacking hands on a job well done when the monster simple decided to save them for later. She was surprised that humans and dwarves could stand up straight.

Actually, cut out that last part. There's too many that don't to the point there that metaphor was redundant.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:41 am

Zed completely ignored whatever the hell was going on to take out a bottle of pills, twist off the cap, and "drink" a rough estimate of three capsules. He would then slouch over a bit before getting up and catching Joslit fly out the window. Crisis averted, day saved, whatever. Zed didn't seem to care. He was too busy trying not to throw up chunks so he could keep his meds down.

Thinking relatively quickly, he put away his bottle and got up, looking around kind of in a groggy way, like he was half asleep. He would shake his head soon and feel fine, then say "Oh good job guys! Uh... Sorry I was uh. Kinda totally useless. See I've got this-" He stopped for a bit, trying to word what he was gonna say right. Giving up, he decided to scratch his head and say "Oh, nevermind."

"I think I need to sit down." He muttered under his breath as he jumped at the ground and missed, effectively levitating off the ground and sitting back down in his chair in an awkward, sideways manner.

He would now be fixing the situation so Samuel could sit down if he so chose to.
Back to top Go down
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 am

Samuel shook his foot awkwardly, not quite believing what just happened. "How the hell are you all so normal with a guy with a giant, foot shaped hole in his chest getting up and throwing himself out a window!?" He said, following the elf lady over to the window to peer out. Literally. Moving the elf woman to the side with his shoulder, not even a "Pardon me" escaping his lips, he stuck his head out the window. And I mean ALL the way out of the window. Lets just say that he'll have a small bruise or two from any passing pipes and whatnot, buuut not much else. No worries about our dear friend Samuel. He can take it.

Pulling his head back in, he cracked his neck, looking over at the elf lady with a non-chalant 'Oh, you exist' sort of look. Lookin to the side and back at the elf, he decided to attempt to be polite. "You alright, lady?" He asked, lifting his chin to her in acknowledgement. Actually for that matter, how about that DVB guy and his weirdass stuffing creature. Samuel looked down, eying the warrior and his familiar. Or whatever that thing is.

Remember that oddly dressed fellow from before? Yeah, he kept out of the battle. He was keeping more to making sure that DVB didnt die or anything. That would kind of suck. Would ruin that 'DVB' list of his that he was making. Funny how they keep popping up all over the place. The mans skill in medics was rudimentary at best, but it kept DVB alive and somewhat well. The man stood up, hat of his looking rather funny and out of style.

Yeah, it's Jaden VI, in for his daily cameo. Makes sense, seeing how there's a DVB on the scene.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:05 pm

DVB opened his eyes, he sat up and rubbed his forehead. The (not actually a) shaman looked around at the scene, trying to understand what he missed. The real horror struck when he saw the tattered remains of his good pall Sun. DVB wearily rose to his feet and pick the teddy-bear up.

"Wha-what happened?" he asked. Mark finished up his hand shack with the ticket dwarf. He was about to mention the fight, when Mift popped up and took that liberty apon her self.

"Bandit knocked you down, fought us, ate his bud, then got his stomach kicked out by Fabio," she thumbed Samuel.

Speaking of him, the elf returned a glace at him for a moment, and then turned away with a 'hmpf'. Deep down she was probably very thankful for being saved, but as an elf she won't admit to it. No way she'll let a mere human feel superior.

Back to Mark and Mift. The pixie had finished, and DVB looked to the floor, and sighed in sadness. "I know a toymaker that works magic," he said sullenly, "I need to get to him, but I'll have to leave you behind." As if on cue, the train stopped, and the doors opened. DVB looked out into the dim lights of the city, it was night by now, and walked off.

"Thank you for riding Hellgear Metro!" The ticket dwarf called out. The dwarf smiled, hands on hips, happy for a job well done.
Back to top Go down
Comik Radd
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Comik Radd

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:49 am

(<------------ My face when you actually made DVB somewhat likeable.)

Zed then felt it necessary to stand up and look around again. "Uhh. Shouldn't we go with him? It's, uh. Kinda dangerous in the city." He then kinda looked to the Elf lady, then off at Mark. Hm. "Nevermind." Zed said, sort of as an afterthought, like about five seconds after. Kinda sounded like a dumb idea, really. Zed risking his neck for someone he didn't know, much less give a shit about. Zed still had shit to do back home and this whole shitfest wasn't gonna stop him from his main goal in life. In fact, maybe this brief break from his reality will help him come up with something? Yeah, alright. Remain optimistic.

Then it hit him that Mark was a monster hunter. What with Zed's blatant horns and discolored skin, he wasn't too particularly sure why Mark hadn't said something about, or to him. Maybe that was Mark's thing? Freak out his prey by disassociating them to an extreme point? Naw. That's the pills talking. That shit wouldn't work on a goddamn Manticore. Those fuckers are goddamn INSANE.

Zed then spoke up again after a little while. "So... Where are we going?" Zed said idly, as if expecting that the group wasn't going to part ways and leave him to rot like the last group he had did. Though, he had to admit. That was pretty funny. In a sick, life-threatening kind of way. I mean, shit. Dude was leaning against a seat to keep upright, and that's him normally.

Fucking trains. He can't levitate on them. Shmuckshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue II: Hellgear City   Prologue II: Hellgear City - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue II: Hellgear City
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next