Sorcarto Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcarto Clan

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it - Roald Dahl

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Development

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs
Lazyass

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Character Development Empty
PostSubject: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Couldn't decide whether to put this in the RP Discussion topic, or here.
I've had writer's block and wanted to do this for a while now. You guys can join in with your characters, the more the merrier, or contribute questions if you like.

I'll start out, but most likely won't get to answering my own question for a while DX

Let's start out with an easy one, a classic.

What's your favorite color? Why is it your favorite color?
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

Number of posts : 892
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 pm

When making a character for a serious story, things like colors do not matter.

Now, what is your weapon of choice?
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Depends on the story, I guess. Well, I see what you mean, maybe it's not the color itself that matters, but the reason /why/ is a more complex question, and can reveal aspects of the character's personality nonetheless.

My question stands.
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Blaze General
Pyro

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Two birds with one stone.

Color: Green Reason: The color Green excites yet calms me, makes me want to be active but still think of my actions.
(simple answer really have no clue as to what to say)

Weapon: Swords. Most my characters are skilled swordsman.
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:19 pm

~Rita~

Rita walked into a small, but cozy room. The only thing in it besides herself and a few chairs seemed to be a dry-erase board hanging on the opposite wall. Upon closer inspection, she realized a few questions were scrawled across it. Pulling a chair over to the board, she sat on it backwards with her legs wrapped around its back, and read over them quickly.

"Favorite color? Weapon of choice?" she said, not so quietly, though, since she was alone in the room and therefore could talk to herself without appearing weird, "Guess I'll start with the first one."

I don't have any specific shade of any specific color that I like the best, maybe lime green if I /had/ to chose, but I'm a fan of greens and other earth tones in general. Greens, browns, grays, you get the idea. Mellow colors, I guess." Rita paused for a second, "Oh, uh, I just totally contradicted myself there, lime green is not what I'd call a mellow color. But, well, that'll just be my exception. There's one to every rule." She paused again, taking her time to collect her thoughts. Not like anyone was actually waiting for her.

After a soft chuckle at a funny memory, Rita picked up speaking to the board with the questions, "Why? Well, that's an odd question, don't get asked that one too often. Anyway, green always used to be one of my favorite colors, especially the lime variety, it just seemed like such a cheery color. I didn't start liking my earth tones until rather recently, and it was probably a result of my earth science teacher wearing them /every day/ at school. They just kinda grew on me. I'm also a fan of the outdoors and nature. If you want a deeper answer, I guess I could say my taste in colors paralleled my personality, going from a wacky little kid, bright green, to a rather reserved person, more of an olive green... Ha ha, yeah, that's kind of lame."

While we're on the topic of favorite colors, when I used to be that wacky little kid, I went through a phase where pink was my favorite color. No joke, this was because I felt bad for it. Yes, I felt bad for the color pink."

Now, I was maybe nine at the oldest here, and I had a lot of guy friends, none of whom liked pink, so, I felt bad for it. I was such a strange child." Rita said, finishing up her /thrilling/ story about her favorite color. She rocked back and forth in her chair a bit, waiting, as if something else would happen.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

Number of posts : 892
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 pm

~Super Jeff~

The worlds smallest hit man walked into the room. He looked around and found the blackboard. Favorite color? Hmm, he thought a bit. Green, yes, green. The color of money, and money is nice. Next on that list, weapon of choice.

BANG

The bullet hole it the blackboard answered for him. Super Looked to his side. Huh, lookey there, another person. Super Jeff glared at the stranger with the kind of firey hate you can give someone you just met, that is, only a tad.
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Sono Ketsuraku Rinku

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 am

Clockface just walked into the room, smearing a bloody hand across the blackboard. He left a fist sized imprint on the blackboard. T'was rather obvious what his weapon was. He didnt sit, but rather stood. Quietly. In the back. He wasnt quite sure WHY he came here. Possibly outside his control. Typical.
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Blaze General
Pyro

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 pm

The one they call Pyro walked in the room. He stuck his scythe in the blackboard, answering the second question. He then held a fireball in his hand answering the first. Behind him followed Sniper and Melvin.

"Favorite color?" Sniper pondered. he wasn't to sure so he skipped it. "Favorite weapon..." Sniper pulled his rifle off his back and unwrapped it and set it against the wall in which he now leaned against.

"Green.."Melvin said "Like the forest.." He then held up his sword and sheathe "This is the only weapon I need."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Development
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sorcarto Clan :: Grand Lecture Hall :: Games :: Forum Games-
Jump to: