Sorcarto Clan

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it - Roald Dahl

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs
Lazyass

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Mon May 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Could You Bite the Hand?

another gun for hire and just another day
when you are done, you just abuse it, whatever you say
if you were offered some, would you wanna bite the hand?
would you betray a friend to prove you're cold then walk away?

we were born with nothin' I don't want, but you need something
you want glory, I need none and it's coming between us

people are born with
people are born without
some people have
and others want
what some go without
some people live free
some people just want more
as for me I got all that I need

do you still think that we're not brave if we don't bleed?
we've seen so much blood and violence already, how much do you need?
you howl and fight your war and talk of being free
won't let you in, they're just usin' you so why won't you see?
some people are born so much closer to the sun
holdin' out their hands and grabbin' golden rays, they are the chosen few
but we both know of course that's not you or me
and I'd be telling the truth if I said it don't matter, so how bout you?

can you tell me really you don't need it, you don't want it
if you can, cool, if you can't, the difference between us

people are born with
people are born without
some people have
and others want
what some go without
some people live free
some people just want more
as for me I got all that I need
don't got much but I got what I need

some people are always reachin' for some things that they don't need
I'll tell you now with thoughts like that there will never be enough
some people always struggling for something that is not
I'll tell you something now that I'm really just fine lovin' what I got

-
Lamont avatar by ZethRina on Deviantart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Mon May 25, 2009 4:31 pm

It had started to drizzle a little while ago, but the small shower had quickly evolved into a heavy downpour. Now it was raining cats and dogs, or more literally, wolves. He could smell them.

A pure white figured raced across the city, jumping from roof to roof, and then onto the cold, wet ground. The sound of paws pounding the ground mixed rhythmically with the pounding of the rain. The red gash in the side of the large canine's leg was washed clean by the relentless rain, and there was no sign left behind by the creature except for a diluted crimson trail. His pace was fast and steady, only faltering occasionally due to the inch or so of water covering the ground. It almost seemed as if the place was deserted, but the creature could tell otherwise. The smell of humans was nauseating, being trapped in here surrounded by all of them, it was hard to keep track of the one smell he was looking for. It only took a second of distraction for the male to lose his footing and go sliding across the hard ground and right into a stack of soggy boxes and wet garbage cans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Kat lifted her sleepy head, and shook some moisture from it. She blinked a few times and the drumming of rain finally registered in her brain. The cold water had turned her metal pipe to ice, and she nearly flew out of her temporary den. She looked around, a bit confused, but remembered that her earlier escape had gotten her pretty lost in the big city. She thought she smelled something unfamiliar, but in the damp air it was hard to tell. She moved closer to one of the stone buildings in an attempt to shelter herself from the torrent, and shook off her saturated coat.

"You have any idea where we are?" she asked DVB, who seemed to be having the same problem with the weather that she was, "And don't say a city. I already know that." she clarified.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm

The small moisture managed to wake DVB before the downpour really started. Nevertheless, he was soaked when he encountered his friend, equally drenched.

"You have any idea where we are?" "And don't say a city. I already know that." Kat had ask him."In human terms, I'd say we're in Atlanta, a city in the south,"DVB said in the wolf tongue. He looked to see the sun halfway in the horizon."Dusk is approaching,"DVB said.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu May 28, 2009 7:22 pm

((Actually, the cities all have different names. No more New York or Atlanta. They're mostly in ruin now.))

Kat let out a mental sigh. She knew what city they were in , but not where in that city they were. This wolf was giving her a headache, and all the rain wasn't helping her mood. She shook off again, but it didn't seem to help that much.

"We better get out of this weather." she said dismally. She sniffed around, looking for the closest unoccupied shelter, which happened to be an opening to the sewer, "Lovely..." she sighed, but climbed down anyway. Anything to get out of that rain. She shook off again, this time with more results, and sat down. It wasn't the most pleasant place for a wolf to be, with their sensitive noses, but it would do for a while. The female still had the feeling that something was out of place, but couldn't figure out what the smell was.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu May 28, 2009 7:29 pm

DVB jus smiled at his companion. It was nice to have company, the wierder, the better. He followed down and repeated what she did. "Something here is off..." DVB said. "Anyway, we should start heading toeard the other side of town," he said.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
Back to top Go down
Person

Number of posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu May 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Sayden glanced up at the sparkling sky. He closed his eyes and murmured, "And the sky, moon, sun and stars are Kira-kira. Everything above you is kira-kira.". He shook his head and opened his eyes, staring off into the distance. He needed to find some food. He was starving. "Stupid stomach," Sayden said as his stomach made a low grumbley noise. "Why can't you go two days without food? huh? Huh?" He asked his stomach, trying to poke it with his paw.

He frowned and started running into any direction that he was going. He ran and ran, until his legs grew tire and weary. He sat down and looked up. In the Horizon he could see a city, but it was farther than he bargained for. His stomach growled again. "Alright, it's rather I go into a city and risk my life," he gulped. "Or I stay out here and die of starvation." Sayden picked himself up and started a sprint towards the city.

Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

Number of posts : 892

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu May 28, 2009 9:03 pm

As Jhon wearily trotted out of the forest he had gone through. When he got to the open air the rain quickly grew, the leaves on the trees having protected him from the full downpour that was now upon him. Flipping hair from his eyes, Jhon could make out what looked like a heap of scrap, and upon getting closer he could tell what it was.

It wasn't a close pile of trash, it was a far off city in ruin.

A chill ran down Jhon's spine, he had never been so close to human influence, and never wanted to. Yet honestly, shelter is shelter and that's what he needed. With regret at doing such a thing, Jhon made his way to the city. Even though he had some way to go, the unnatural stench of mankind started to fill his nose, one he hasn't ever smelled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

"Anyway, we should start heading toward the other side of town."

Kat nodded to DVB, she had been about to say the same thing. Putting up her human illusion, she began to try and trace any familiar scents. She caught one particularly strong smell, and began to follow it. The strange thing was, it wasn't familiar, but she was still drawn to it for some reason. She looked at her companion and tilted her head in it's direction, communicating to him wordlessly that she was going to follow that trail. Without waiting for a response, she started off in the direction she had signaled.

A good hour and a half later, the downpour had blown over, and the rain was coming down in a gentle drizzle now. Many humans had emerged from their dwellings, and we assessing any damage done by some minor flooding in the streets. Some people had come across quite a startling discovery, a large, or rather very large dog laying under a pile of garbage. They had all seen dogs before, they were a very common sight in this city, but never had they seen one of this size. The creature was drawing a rather large crowd as they flocked around to what all the commotion was about.

"What is that thing? A dog? It's awfully big."
"What's it doing here in this trash?"
"Is that blood? Is it alright?"
"Someone go drag it out of there."

The half-conscious dog was just starting to come around, and it seemed as if a thousands voices were all speaking out at once. He twitched a little, in pain and annoyance. His small movement was cause for some startled gasps from the crowd, and a hand stretched out for his figure. As soon as the skin made contact with his own, his eyes snapped open and he jumped up. He only took a fraction of a second to take in his surroundings before lunging at the human who had been bold enough to approach him. Teeth made contact with flesh, and tore right through a jugular. The man fell down, blood spewing from his neck, and most of the crowd disappeared. The male's snow white coat was now accented with blood, and it only took another glance for the rest of the onlookers to disperse.

As quickly as the humans had crowded around him they ran away in fear. The wolf jumped almost effortlessly onto the roof of the closest building, and made his escape. After he had put good distance between himself and the scene of the accident, he jumped down from the roof and took refuge in a dark alleyway. The adrenaline that had seeped into his veins was starting to fade, and he sat down to catch his breath.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Understanding the communication, DVB put on his human form as well. He alwayas carried a back pack, whether in human or wolf form. "This scent... Why are we drawn to it? It seems... familiar," DVB whispered so only Kat can hear him.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Kat and DVB walked through the damp sewer in relative silence. She was happy to finally have a companion after all that time she spent in solitude, but her social skills were still a bit rusty. Speaking of rusty, it had also been a while since she had taken on this appearance. She twiddled her thumbs, lacking anything productive to say. Luckily, the silence was soon broken by DVB.

"This scent... Why are we drawn to it? It seems... familiar."

Kat nodded. She didn't know why they were drawn, it just seemed like another wolf had arrived in town, but something was different about this one. It smelled different than the wolf standing next to her. "I know it's another wolf, but that's it." she said. She could tell that they were getting closer now, and she stopped at a ladder that lead to the surface. She was eager to get out of this smelly place, but also a bit nervous to meet this mysterious newcomer. "Well, after you." she said motioning toward the ladder.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 pm

"Right," DVB said as he poked his head with the mancover just a bit lifted. "The coast is clear, no one around, except that wolf over there in the alleyway," DVB whispered as he slipped out nd helped Kat out.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 pm

The white wolf smelt them before he heard them, and heard them before he saw them. He picked himself up and stood in a defensive position facing the sewer cover that the other wolves were coming out of. His tail was held rigidly behind him, and his teeth bared. Who knew what these wolves wanted, or why they were slinking around looking like humans. The blood on his muzzle was starting to dry, and the deep red contrasted sharply with his pure white coat. He held his gaze on the two, fixated on their breathing and every little twitch of their muscles.

Kat ignored the outstretched hand, apparently offering her help in climbing up the ladder. Come on, did she really look so helpless that she couldn't climb a few steps on her own? She brushed his action off and climbed up after him by herself. She was greeted by a piercing stare from a snowy wolf, his golden eyes boring a hole right through her. She recoiled a few steps backwards in surprise and fear. She had never really know how to interact with other wolves, and this one seemed rather hostile. She tensed, which only seemed to earn a similar reaction from the stranger.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:51 pm

DVB noticed the interaction. Deciding it to play it safe, he took off his illusion. "We don't want to cause any trouble, so calm down," DVB sais to the white wolf.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:16 pm

The wolf swung his head to DVB, looked him over, and then turned back to the female. He could see her fear, smell it, feel it. Why was she still standing there with her facade? They were all wolves here.

"Why do you stay in that form? You're a wolf, no? Show some pride." the male said to her. He sat back on his haunches, eyeing her quizzically. His body relaxed, sensing no danger from this pathetic pair, and he licked the red from his muzzle.

"Uh, umm, sorry." Kat said nervously, returning to her natural form. Once she did so, she could feel the confidence flooding back into herself, and she was no longer intimidated by this white stranger... or at least less intimidated than she had been as a human. "Well, anyway, you're a new face around here, why'd you come to this city?" she said trying to draw attention away from her less than perfect first impression on this new wolf.

"Same reason you two chose this town." he stated simply, making a gesture that was the equivalent of a shrug, "Anymore questions?" he asked, switching his gaze between the two brown wolves.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:03 am

DVB was watching the wolf carefully for any sign of a threat. "What's your name and species of wolf?" DVB said. "And don't look at us like we're pathetic," he added after a moment of thought.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:00 pm

The wolf fixed his gaze on DVB for a second, but then eased his stare. These canines barely seemed to fit the description of a true wolf. Living here in this filthy city like humans. It was despicable. But, then again there was a reason they had chose this city. Maybe they weren't so crazy for being here.

"Don't you think that's awfully rude? I was minding my own business here and you two come crawling by. Don't you think you should introduce yourselves first?" He said casually, raising and eyebrow. He rolled onto his side, communicating to them that he felt unthreatened by their presence. "Well, if you must know, my name is Kuru, and I am an arctic wolf." He looked at both of them, expecting reciprocation.

"My name is Kat." The female replied, after a moment of silence, to Kuru. She stiffened at the sound of his laughter, but the male straightened himself out after his short outburst. What was so wrong with a wolf being named Kat, anyway? If she had still been in human form, her cheeks would have been bright red.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:07 pm

"They call me DVB, and I'm a desert wolf," DVB said. "Anyway, what are you doing in this city, Kuru?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Neither of the two seemed to be letting their guards down, they looked as tense as ever. Kuru gave himself a mental pat on the back, he had done good, intimidating both of them even while lying down.

"I thought I told you already? Same reason you're both here. The smell. You know, the flower." he said sitting back up. "I'm going to get it, and it'll guide me to paradise." he added. Now that he had put his intentions out there, he watched for reactions from the brown wolves.

"P-paradise?!" Kat blurted out, and Kuru nodded. The news shocked her. She was excited, scared, happy, confused. She had only heard rumors about it, was this wolf saying it was real, and was he giving them an invitation? But about this flower... was he talking about the strong scent of lunar flowers that hung around this place? Did that mean that the flower had really been in this city the whole time? What was it doing here, though, with all these humans around? Kat had a lot of questions about the stranger's claims, but she didn't want to pelt him all at once. Surely he would elaborate more.

((I know you don't know about the flower yet, but just play along for now. You'll find out soon.))

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:37 pm

"Hmm," was all DVB could say. He heard of the flowers alright., but his master didn't talk about it much. He had a look in his eye, the one of many emotions. He knew that the existance of a utopia had a backlash if hidden. The idea of a perfect place not only didn't make sense, but was frightening. "How would the flower guide you per say?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:09 pm

"I'm sure you already know, but it's the only one who knows where Paradise is. We could look all our lives, but without her we'd never find it." Kuru said. The thought of actually meeting the Flower Maiden was exciting, he would do anything to get closer to Paradise. It was every wolf's dream to reach paradise, and only a wolf aided by the Flower Maiden could open it. "So, you doggies interested? The more the merrier."

Kat didn't know what to say. The thought of a Paradise just for wolves was almost irresistible, but then again DVB seemed hesitant about it. She wanted to say yes to this wolf, but she also wanted to see what DVB thought about it. She waited for her friend to answer first.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 pm

DVB thought about this. This Flower Maiden would lead to a paradise? He knew that must be a fault, however, perhaps the fauly is in the difficulty. In any case, he ealized that he had nothing beter to do and he might get some answers. "Well yes, I would to look for the Flower Maiden," DVB said after a moment of silence. "How about you, Kat?" he asked his companion.

Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

Number of posts : 892

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Upon entering the city the dominance of gray was complete. Out of the city the ground was brown and green with grass, but in the city even the ground and structures were gray. The whole thing posed unconformable to Jhon as entered the city.

Then Jhon picked up some odd scents. Four of them had the familiar smell of wolf kind, three close to each other and another somewhere behind him. Then there was that other scent, it smelled odd, yet it seemed to beckon him. Either way he needed to rest, so he went under some debris and rested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Person

Number of posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Sayden got up off of the ground and shook his head off. Then he stood still. The scents that were filling in the air were familiar. It smelled like four wolves, three close to each other and one off on it's own. Then the third smell was a sweet smell that seemed to empty his senses and it made him want to find the source of the scent. Sayden shook himself off again and went off to find the lone wolf. Great, I'm not one to be with other wolves, yet I'm going to find one. he thought.

He stopped again. He had no idea why he wanted to go towards this wolf. Maybe he thought that the wolf could help him find the source of the sweet scent. Sayden continued on in a fast, but well paced run.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?   

Back to top Go down

Do You Still Think that We're not Brave if We Don't Bleed?
Page 1 of 1