So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs
Lazyass

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Fri May 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Kat was reluctant to let DVB touch her, but she figured she had done enough today, and let him carry her. She put up her human facade when he lifted her. Her hair was short and blond, and she wore a purple undershirt with a white button up shirt over it and jean capris. She was a bit suspicious of the small house, even before she saw it was inhabited by a human.

"Ah kid, glad to see you, who's this, your mate?"

"You can put me down now." Kat said agitated. Her sandals made a soft patter as the hit the wooden floor. She brushed of her clothes and smoothed out some of the wrinkles in them. It had been a while since she had been in this form, and it brought back sad memories. She glared at the old man, clearly offended by his words, but she just made an annoyed huff. She looked around the small house, and she felt out of place. It had been almost a year since setting foot in a human's home. She felt on edge again, but this time she knew the cause. It was being so close to a person. She folded her arms across her chest, waiting. She wasn't happy to be there, and she wanted out.

-
Lamont avatar by ZethRina on Deviantart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Fri May 22, 2009 4:35 pm

"Don't worry kiddete," the old man said to Kat. "I can tell that your mighty uncomfortable, but you should take a small brake for the moment, alright?" he said. "Anyway, an overnight stay, than kid?" he said to DVB.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 10:12 am

Kat pretty much ignored the human. It had been a long time since being in this form, and it felt almost like she had forgotten what is was like to live as anything but a wolf. She didn't know how to react in this kind of situation, and she was afraid that this person might find out if she made a wrong move. She was annoyed and upset and uncomfortable, but she was also scared, although she didn't let it show.

"Anyway, an overnight stay, then kid?"

Kat growled in her head and stiffened. Overnight stay? If this wolf had known about this place, why had he needed to sleep in her home? Something about this pair was suspicious. Kat eyed DVB, he seemed rather calm, but like her, hadn't moved an inch since entering the building. He seemed to know this old man somehow, and even thought she had done it for years, the thought of a wolf being involved with humans suddenly made her uneasy. She had been naive and ignorant as a child, but recent happenings had opened her eyes to how dangerous humans were.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 12:18 pm

"Anyway, glad to see you were smart enough not to venture out last night, not with Splinter Cell in the area, though, they'd have to be mad as hell to come 'ere," the old man said.
"Venisen, this is my friend, Kat. Kat, meet one of the only sensible people alive on this continent, Venisen Ironstong," DVB said trying to clear the uneasy silence. "Nice to meet you kiddette," said Venisen. He was man in his late 50s, but he was a giant. A human could've described him as a buff, taller, Santa Claus in lumberjack unifrom.
"Anyway, we'll just stay here for breakfast," DVB said.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Splinter Cell? What was that? Kat had never heard of it before. But then again, there were a lot of things she had never heard of. Still, she wondered what it was, it sounded important. She listened to DVB introduce her to the old man. Venisen. Wasn't that some kind of meat? Well, anyway, DVB called him sensible, what did that mean exactly? Putting together all the clues, she thought she might have an answer, but hopped with all her might that she had made a miscalculation. The man had said 'mate' instead of one of the human words, and him and DVB seemed rather comfortable around each other. It seemed like the strange wolf spent a lot of time here. Either DVB had really fooled this man, or he knew something he shouldn't have known about them. Kat's heart began to beat fast. the more time she spent here, the more she wanted to get out.

"Nice to meet you kiddette."

"My name is Kat, not 'Kiddette'." she replied calmly, if not a little sharp. She looked around the house lazily, taking in its details. If she needed to, it would be easy to escape from. At the mention of breakfast, the female perked up. Being a wolf in a human city, food was hard to come by. She figured it wouldn't hurt to stick around a little longer if food was involved.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 1:27 pm

"Kat, don't worry, calm down," DVB said as he noticed Kat's tense psoture. "I take it she is nervous," Venisen saod. "When I said Vensien was sensible, he bares no animosity towards wolves," he said with a voice that calmed her down. "Anyway, what would you like to have for breakfast?" he said with a kind tone.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 3:30 pm

"When I said Vensien was sensible, he bares no animosity towards wolves."

Kat couldn't believe it. This wolf was as crazy as she had thought. Her heart was beating a mile a minute. What now? Should she just sit down and have some tea with this human who apparently liked wolves? Hell no. Maybe they were just pulling her leg, yeah, just a little joke. This DVB kid couldn't be that much of an idiot. Could he?

"Wolves, haha, that's a good one. You know they've been gone for a long time, right?" Kat said, but her statement was halfhearted. The promise of food was no longer enough to keep her here. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not hungry." She slipped out of the nearby door and into another alley. She didn't turn back into a wolf until she had turned a few corners and was sure no one had followed her. Then she started to run. She had been doing a lot of that today, maybe it was all these other wolves that she was meeting, maybe they were causing it. She did feel rather high strung, as if something big was going to happen, but she didn't know exactly what.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 7:04 pm

1 Hour later...

DVB finally found Kat. He had tears in his eyes and he was limping. There was blood on him and he had some second degree burns on him. "Kat, are you all right?" he said while wiping tears from his eyes.

Last edited by Count DVB on Sun May 24, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

Number of posts : 892

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Sun May 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Jhon woke up to an uncomfortable feeling. Now what was it... Oh, yes, heat! Wait, Heat, here, in this cold forest? Out of his neat dugout hole Jhon look around to see why it was so hot.

Fire, a whole bunch of it. The forest was turning from the natural white wonderland to a heap of wet ash right before his eyes. I great panic Jhon leaped fully from his hole and started running to the clearest path he could see. All Jhon could think about was how this happened, a storm hadn't come in a long time. He kept wondering when something caught his eye as he ran. It was... a book of matches! It all made sense now! Humans, it was humans, they wanted land and wanted it clear. This made Jhon angry, but all he could do with it was to run, run as far south as his legs could take him.

(This is a prologue of sorts, he can't really be met yet.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 8:43 am

After running for a good half hour or so, Kat stopped again. She had never realized it until now, but this city was really big, and she had pretty much gotten herself lost. She panted, but stayed on her feet. She perked her ears up at the sound of footsteps, but she didn't even need to wait for a scent to know who it was. She turned around to face the wolf, but was surprised by what she saw.

"Kat, are you all right?"

What a laugh. Was she all right? Sure, a little tired, but it looked like Kat should be asking him that question. Well, served him right for blabbing to that human, of course something like this would happen if they knew. But something wasn't right, could a human really do that much damage to a wolf? Wolves were really tough creatures, and it took a lot to slow them down.

"What happened?"
Kat said, ignoring his question, felling it didn't need an answer, "Was it that human? I knew it, I knew you were crazy to trust him." She had felt uneasy around the man, but she had been feeling like that a lot lately.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 9:31 am

DVB fel a sudden rush of anger toward Kat for accusing his friend of trying to hurt him. "He's dead," DVB was all he could say before putting his face in his hands. "Some humans escaped from a prison. They wanted to kill me and Veridan. He managed to beat all of them into a pulp before one of them stabbed him. This was his blood on me. I managed to get out before the authorities came," he managed to choke out.

Last edited by Count DVB on Mon May 25, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 am

"He's dead."

Those two words came almost as a relief to Kat's ears. The less humans that knew about them, the better. She listened to DVB's little recount of the event with minimal interest. She had had enough of humans for today, and was glad that their day wasn't much better. She also wasn't quite sure what he meant by the authorities, the nobles wouldn't go out of their way to end some little scuffle; they didn't give a crap what happened to anyone besides themselves.

"Oh, umm, that's too bad. Sorry to hear..." Kat said, "Well, I think I know why they wanted to kill you. That's what happens when you go around telling humans what you are." She wasn't surprised that something like this had happened. Wolves just couldn't live in peace with humans, it didn't work. If he was looking for compassion, he wouldn't find it here with Kat.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 12:02 pm

DVB's anger was barely contained. "That's the excuse? Only 3 people knew I'm a wolf, you, Venisen and my master. They're dead for protecting me, so I believe there has to be a chance for cooperation," DVB said. He then sighed. "Well, what do you think we should do now?" he asked her.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 12:36 pm

"That's the excuse? Only 3 people knew I'm a wolf, you, Venisen, and my master. They're dead for protecting me, so I believe there has to be a chance for cooperation."

Well, Kat wasn't intending to protect this wolf, so she didn't see the problem there. Actually, it seemed like he was trying to discourage her from staying with him. Yeah, you stick with me and you get killed, wanna come? Yeah, sure thing...

"Well, what do you think we should do now?"

"I don't know. Curl up and sleep it off?" Kat, shrugging as much as a wolf could. Shit happens, get over it. No use living in the past, she had learned that the hard way. Best just to keep going on. Following her own advice, the female walked a few steps away and sat down inside an old pipe. The metal was cool in the harsh heat of the day. It was odd, since the world had started to fall apart, the land was either parched and dry or covered in a deep layer of snow.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 pm

DVB just sgihed. It was obvious. She had suffered, but she had fallen to her negative feelings and abandoned hope. "That's one thing people and wolves have in common apprently," DVB said. "When it comes to truama, they lose hope and become bitter. So what happened with you?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 2:19 pm

"That's one thing people and wolves have in common apparently."

Kat growled from her pipe, and it echoed through the metal. Just thinking about being compared to humans made her sick. They were weak and helpless creatures who cared only for themselves... Maybe DVB did have a point there.

"When it comes to trauma, they lose hope and become bitter. So what happened with you?"

Kat gave a huff, "What makes you think anything happened? I've lived in this town as long as I can remember, running around scavenging for food and steering clear of the humans. I just don't like them. They're dirty, pathetic little creatures who caused the destruction of our planet." she said fluidly, weaving in some lies and some truth, "Why? Did something happen to you?" she asked with the raise of an eyebrow and a hint of curiosity.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 2:29 pm

"And we're any better? Everything has a purpose, that's what my master said," DVB said while smiling. "He was different from any other human. He could bevery mad at someone, bu never hate them. He adopted me and never minded that I also spent time with the rest of the desert wolves. He taught me many things. He once said that everything has a purpose. He had learned that from his father. This idea of blaming humans doesn't make sense. It is their ability to build machines and the like. Such as it is ours to take on thier appearence," DVB has said. "You were innocent too at one point, what happened?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Kat tried to tune out much of his lecturing. Blah, blah, blah, humans, blah, purpose. She had enough of people, she lived with them for years, only to have them betray her. They would never gain her trust again. But something he said caught her attention.

"You were innocent too at one point, what happened?"

Her eyes drifted over to him, but she turned around in her pipe, facing away from him. Yeah, she was innocent, was being the key word. She had been an innocent little girl, until she had that innocence ripped away by humans. What happened to her? Her world had been ripped out right from under her feet. She closed her eyes, it felt as if the weight of the day was finally catching up with her. She closed her eyes to nod off for a bit. Just a little nap, that's all.

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Count DVB
Hallow Knight

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 3:01 pm

"It's our choice whether to wallow in our misery or to move forward for peace," DVB was all he said before nodding off as well.

Back to top Go down
Person

Number of posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Sayden sneezed violently. It hurt when it came out, and it could probably be heard from a mile away. Well... alright, that was an exaggeration, but to him, it was loud. Sayden looked around. Just moments ago there had been wolves there, and now they had vanished. He was left alone on a cold winters day in the middle of nowheresville, where he could see nothing but the clearing he was in, trees and a ton of snow. Sayden shook his head and sneezed again.

Sayden needed to find some decent shelter. He took off running at a fast sprint that could only be compared to that of another wolf. The snow from the trees was falling off onto him as he ran through the trees, hitting various branches. The cold was beginning to take over his body, so he stopped dead and shook it off like a dog drying itself. Sayden looked around where he was. Another clearing. This time, though, he could not see any trees. Nobody was around and he was freezing cold.

Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke

Number of posts : 892

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Jhon had been running for what felt like eternity to him. He had ran so far that he didn't even notice that there was no longer any snow underneath his feet. When he paused to rest the world seemed so different. The air was warm, the ground was clear of snow, and the sound of animals filled the air.

It was foreign and unsettling to him.

He continued on in a careful trot, weary that wasn't in his natural habitat anymore, his white fur being a giveaway.

(Still not near Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Lazyass

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   Mon May 25, 2009 3:38 pm

/End of Chapter 1/

-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose   

Back to top Go down

So I'm Gonna Live My Life as I Choose
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sorcarto Clan :: Roleplay Hall of Fame :: Şϯɍɑƴ-
Jump to: