Sorcarto Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcarto Clan

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it - Roald Dahl

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Zelda Antagonist?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cam
Novice

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Favorite Zelda Antagonist? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Zelda Antagonist?   Favorite Zelda Antagonist? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:45 pm

This is a place for debates, ja? Well then. I'm sure this is the right spot for this conversation inwhich I'm about to upheld. Well, the title states it all, what is your favorite bad-guy from the Zelda universe? I'm not talking the little guys like the Moblin King, I'm talking the Über bad-guys! The ones you stare at a screen for hours at a time just to get a glimpse of. Well, enough chitchat, I'll state the candidates, and some info on them, along with my opinion.

1. Twinrova; Now, Twinrova is actually Kotake and Koume, that name just sounds cooler, I mean c'mon, "Twinrova" is a much better title than "Pickled Plum" and "Mushroom". ANYWAY, Twinrova are the two "wicked witches of the west" as the irony may be, and Ganon's surrogate mothers. One's the epitome of fire, the other ice. A very hard boss in OoT if one's not prepared or experienced. A hard fight in the Oracle games. And funny comic relief in Majora's Mask.

2. Majora; Commonly called "Majora's Mask". One of the few bosses I've actually had episodes (read; fan-boy obsession) about. Majora Came at you in three formes; Majora's Mask, Majora's Incarnation, and Majora's Wrath. Each one getting more and more brutal. Not only does this bad-guy have the mind of a small child, but gives you the most powerful mask in the entire game. Everyone has their own idea of how he came to be, as do I. But, meh, no-one really knows.

3. Bellum; Gah, the only reason I had to pick up my DS again. Bellum is the Cthulhu of the Zelda world. As the main antagonist of Phantom Hourglass, his job was to make hell for you and Linebeck. Along with giving you hell during the final fight . It's hard to talk about this guy and not make a "tentacle rape" joke, so I'll just end it here.

4. Vaati; My personal favorite and Toon Link's personal antagonist. Appearing in both Four Swords games, Minish Cap, and even cameo in OoT, Vaati is the one of few people who can pull off the hair-over-the-eye look. Hell, I based most of my own antagonist's looks off of the Hylian form if Vaati, so fan-boy points go to me. Either Ganon's right-hand-man, or independant bad-guy, Vaati can be either.

5. Onox; The ball-and-chain flail weilding man in plate armour. Onox only appeared in Oracle of Seasons, but still deserves a spot here. He is but a minion of Twinrova and by extension Ganon. He kidnapps Din, ties her to a rock, then turns her into a crystal. WHich he uses later as defense during the fight with him. He can even turn into a dragon!

6. Veran; I've only beaten Oracle of Ages once, but I'll throw in my two cents. She's one hell of a bitch, taking control of Nayru, screwing with time, questionably a Twili. Veran can transform into many forms, much be a run-on joke or something. But her true form is actually an evil pixie. Which makes me laugh so hard I always die during the final fight. I've actually based another evil character of mine off of her power to transform into virtually anything.

7. Dark Link; NOT SHADOW LINK! Dark Link has appeared in a few games. OoT, AoL, OoA, and even cameo in TP and SSBB. Dark Link is the final boss in AoL, a very hard one I might add. But merely a mini-boss is OoT (one I had to fight with a screwed up TV). But ja, not much I can honestly say here.

8. Shadow Link; NOT DARK LINK! Shadow Link is to Toon Link as Dark Link is to Link. Shadow Link, unlike Dark Link, was created by Vaati to steal the Magic Mirror. Shadow Link had the most random of powers, from splitting into two or more clones, to throwing giant-ass bombs that will kill you if you're on the same screen as it.

9. Zant; Ganon's bitch pretty much. Zant was the main antagonist in Twilight Princess, but regrettably not the final boss. Zant was the self-proclaimed king of the Twlight, dethroning Midna. He invaded Hyrule and spread Twilight across the land. His boss fight was so funny in my opinion, I dunno why.

10. Nightmare aka Dethl. Nightmare was the final boss in Link's Awakening, suiting, the game's nothing but a big dream, and the bad-guy's a nightmare. He, too could also change forms, but to more familiar faces such as Agahnim, Mildorm, and even Ganon himself. Nightmare took sixteen hits from the bow to die, but one boomerang hit will kill him instantly.....what the hell?

Anyway, vote and debate over your favorite Zelda antagonist. And also, I'm sorry if I should of put this in the video-game part of the forum, this part was looking dusty.
And before people get on my ass about this. Yes, I did not add Ganon and/or Ganondorf. WHy? Because Ganon was the reoccurring antagonist of the Legend of Zelda series. Having Ganon up there would be no fun. We should pay our respects to the myriad of other bad-guys no-one pay attention to. So, bite me.
Back to top Go down
Loreic
Dunsparce vs Slowpoke
Loreic

Number of posts : 892
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Zelda Antagonist?   Favorite Zelda Antagonist? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:21 pm

I have to say Zant for one reason, he's freaking hilarious. That side of him wasn't really shown until the near end, but it still made an impact. When he came at you like a guy from a slasher movie I cracked up on the spot.
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net/
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs
Lazyass
Everybody Loves Dinosaurs

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Zelda Antagonist?   Favorite Zelda Antagonist? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Heh heh, I don't have much of an opinion here because the only Link game I own is Minish Cap, so I guess I'd have to say Vaati. I haven't played it in a long time, thought, but I know I was stuck and couldn't beat it XP
Back to top Go down
Count DVB
Hallow Knight
Count DVB

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Zelda Antagonist?   Favorite Zelda Antagonist? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Eh Veran's good-looking, but my favorite villian is Vaati, though I wish we would've seen more of his human form. Link vs. Vaati swordfight would pwn.
Back to top Go down
https://sorcarto.forumotion.net
Cam
Novice

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Zelda Antagonist?   Favorite Zelda Antagonist? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Yeah, that's another thing I was thinking about. In Minish Cap, Vaati won a sword-fighting competition. Yet you never see him use a sword in the game, just magic. But a Link vs. Vaati swordfight would be awesome. Would be even more awesome if that was on the next game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Zelda Antagonist?   Favorite Zelda Antagonist? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Zelda Antagonist?
Page 1 of 1